The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Favorite Natural Horsemanship Trainer? (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/favorite-natural-horsemanship-trainer-228074/)

The Northwest Cowgirl 07-07-2013 05:14 PM

Favorite Natural Horsemanship Trainer?

Hey guys!
I'm looking into getting into Natural Horsemanship, and I wanted to get some opinions on Natural Horsemanship Trainers. I currently have a couple Clinton Anderson and Monty Roberts books, and I watched Buck Brannaman's documentary, but I don't really know if I have a "favorite" trainer so far....
So...
Which Natural Horsemanship trainer is your favorite, and why?

GamingGrrl 07-07-2013 05:48 PM

Clinton is my favorite. I find his way of explaining things really easy to follow and understand, and I like how he's not afraid to get tough with a horse when it's needed.
Posted via Mobile Device

Rena 07-11-2013 02:30 PM

Jonathan Field is my favourite by far. I have tried many other trainers but I love Jonathan because he has a sense of humour too, and I just love the way he does things. He also is a fellow Canadian, haha.

autumn rain 07-11-2013 02:50 PM

Carlos Tabernaberri. Check him out on YouTube and on his website.

LadyDreamer 07-11-2013 02:55 PM

I am a fan of Cynthia Royal.

Saranda 07-11-2013 03:38 PM

Klaus Ferdinand Hempfling.

jaydee 07-11-2013 03:48 PM

There are so many variations on NH now that you really need to look at a lot of stuff and cherry pick the best out of it and what works for you & your horse
I like Hempfling, Mark Rashid is interesting, Warwick Schiller is really easy to understand, David Lee Archer works with a lot of rescue horses & problem horses, he's been around horses for years so you get a lot of good old fashioned, no frills common sense - honestly look at as many as you possibly can, research and discuss with an open mind.

The Northwest Cowgirl 07-12-2013 06:06 PM

Thank you guys!
Wow, there are a ton of NH trainers I haven't heard of..
I'll make sure to look into them(:

clairegillies 07-12-2013 06:23 PM

Parelli or Quantum Savvy, they both have a lot available on the internet if you can't get to an instructor personally

Nokotaheaven 07-14-2013 02:07 AM

I don't have one particular. But I like John Lyons, Pat Parelli, and so far from what I've seen I also like Buck Brannaman