The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Reiner Klimke's 6year old Grand-daughter riding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/reiner-klimkes-6year-old-grand-daughter-22824/)

qtina626 02-18-2009 02:21 AM

Reiner Klimke's 6year old Grand-daughter riding

Here is a link to a video of Reiner Klimke's 6 year old grand-daughter riding an upper level dressage horse.

http://www.cmetube.de/gretagrandprix

Yes, those are one tempi's and yes, she is riding bareback too.

I don't know about you, but I am a little jealous.

(I thought this was a much better video of a young child riding a horse (in response to the thread about the baby on the horse with a seat belt.)

Sara 02-18-2009 12:24 PM

More than a little jealous, I assure you :-P

MIEventer 02-18-2009 12:30 PM

She has a great seat! Her Grandfather has obviously put allot of work into teaching her balance and her core and center.

Little handsy - but she is 6 and on a big powerful horse.

Great vid! I wish I had her Grandpa! I'd be in the Olympics by now! HA HA!

Kiki 02-23-2009 12:52 AM

I dont know about you but if I happen to meet that girl there is going to be aunfortunate accident. Sooooo unfair!!!! She's got the signals down so well!!!

Ne0n Zero 02-23-2009 02:31 PM

....so I'm on my computer at school and couldn't really tell cause the video was really choppy but.. did she seriously do a flying lead change.

Kiki 02-23-2009 07:49 PM

yes thats whats annoying me. There should be laws against 6yr olds riding better than most of us put together and bareback no-less

NorthernMama 02-23-2009 11:17 PM

I dunno... I admittedly know next to nothing about technique and dressage, but to me it looks like she is just along for the ride.

I think it's too much horse for too little child. Like trying to put a 6 year old on an adult's bicycle or in adult's clothing. As in all sports, the equipment used should fit the user. In this case, it just doesn't fit -- physically. I think the little girl would learn much more on a more suitably sized animal.

Spastic_Dove 02-23-2009 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northernmama (Post 257825)
I dunno... I admittedly know next to nothing about technique and dressage, but to me it looks like she is just along for the ride.

I think it's too much horse for too little child. Like trying to put a 6 year old on an adult's bicycle or in adult's clothing. As in all sports, the equipment used should fit the user. In this case, it just doesn't fit -- physically. I think the little girl would learn much more on a more suitably sized animal.

Yay! Someone else saw it.
I think it was impressive that she was apparently cueing the horse to do those things, but the way she flops about, I wonder if she is actually as talented as that makes her seem.

NOTE: I understand she is a 6 year old and she is going to flop and such, I'd be darn proud if my 6 year old rode like that. I just wasn't blown away.

smrobs 02-23-2009 11:49 PM

She may be far from perfect but still........wow. You can definitely tell that she has spent every waking hour since the day she was born on a horse. The only thing that is bad about that is lots of times, the kid will burn out really fast and not want anything to do with horses when they are older. It is strange though, she looks almost like she is velcro'd to the pad on the horse. IDK.

Kianne 02-24-2009 01:52 AM

I thought she was flopping around a bit too, though I don't know much about dressage either. but its still pretty impressive. im defiantly a little jealous! :D