The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   English Magazine (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/english-magazine-22847/)

BrokenSpur 02-18-2009 02:46 PM

English Magazine

HI, I am new to English riding and wanting to find a good Magazine for English riders. What are your favorites ?

PoptartShop 02-18-2009 03:57 PM

I really like Horses Illustrated- it does have some Western things in it, but a lot of it's English. :D It's veryyy helpful & has a lot info! Plus posters. :D

BrokenSpur 02-18-2009 05:29 PM

I get the Horse Illustrated. I was wanting to find one more about English.

IrishRider 02-18-2009 07:11 PM

Practical Horseman is the best magazine that is geared specifically towards English riders.

Skippy! 02-18-2009 07:33 PM

I like Dressage Today :3 but then again, im bias because I do Dressage, LOL

They don't have JUST huge upper level Dressage-y stuff in it. They have a lot of lower level stuff too, like articles on the importance of flexing your horse, counter canter, circles 101, posting effectively, etc.

I had no idea about the Practical Horseman, i always figured that was a Western Rider magazine, LOL.

Horse illustrated is good for a lot of the basic stuff too, so im glad you have it =) Horse and Rider is also good with basics, but they feature western as well ^_^

CJ82Sky 02-18-2009 08:23 PM

Horse Illustrated and Practical Horsemen

GypsyNymph 02-18-2009 08:25 PM

Horse Illustrated, Practical Horseman, Dressage Today.

Equuestriaan 02-19-2009 07:16 AM

I would get Young Rider if you are youngish and new to riding. I've been riding 9 years and I'm 15 and I find Horse Illustrated mostly geared to riders who own their own horses, where as Young Rider is geared toward newer riders.

BrokenSpur 02-19-2009 03:57 PM

Thanks everyone :)

Equuestriaan I wish I was a youngish rider. My daughter use to get Young Rider she really enjoyed it. Heck I even read some of the articles. :) I have been riding Western for longer then I want to share :) but I feel like a newborn baby when it comes to English. :) I was taking lessons and loved every minute of it but with my Trainer moving to a new place that only has an outdoor at this time we are at the mercy of the weather. So I have been reading everything about English I can get my hands on while wanting for better weater to hurry up and get here.

jessicaburkhart 02-21-2009 09:42 PM

I love Young Rider. :)