The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   This Really Chaps My Hide! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/really-chaps-my-hide-22882/)

Moxie 02-18-2009 07:42 PM

This Really Chaps My Hide!

this really chaps my hide:

DreamHorse.com Horse ID: 1350381 - Misty

That is Rogue's DreamHorse add under her original name. In the add it's stated that she is "calm minded and even tempered."

This seriously upsets me.

JustDressageIt 02-19-2009 12:29 AM

Hm. Can you email Dreamhorse and let them know?

Moxie 02-19-2009 07:41 AM

I looked and there arent really any options for when you KNOW an ad is fraudulent. I'm not upset that they're trying to sell her, I'd rather she find a different home, but under those pretenses, she could really hurt someone!

Angel_Leaguer 02-19-2009 10:04 AM

Ya I know people that sell horses stating that they place every show and lie about their performace stuff... which with open shows you really cant track it.

Hopfully potential buyers do their homework and notice that she isnt a calm horse before they buy her. Dishonest sellers really bother me.

mls 02-19-2009 10:56 AM

No offense to anyone but perhaps the horse is calm - with the right person and in the rigth situation.

We have a mare for sale that is a true sweetheart. However, she is very opinionated about who she likes. She needs consistent handling and can be an absolute snot if she is allowed to have her own way.

Sorta like when the kids come home after spending the weekend at Grandma's house.

Dumas'_Grrrl 02-19-2009 01:10 PM

mls, I was going to make the same point. Dumas was a FANTASTIC horse for us but he really really didn't like his previous owner (who is a close friend of ours) Dumas even remembered that he didn't like his previous owner when he'd come out to visit us and we'd end up around the horses....

One man's trash is another man's treasure. This is why you have to do your OWN homework when it comes to dealing with horses whether buying OR selling.

Rebelappy 02-19-2009 02:38 PM

well hopefully the next person does thier homework on her too so they dont end up in an accident but saying a horse that has 30 days training but hasnt been rode in awhile leaves that room for flytyness for the mare hopefully it works out for the horse and you

Moxie 02-19-2009 04:47 PM

Yea, she might of had 30 days training, possibly 5 yrs ago, before she was left out to pasture to develop her own personality.

Got2Gallop 02-20-2009 07:45 PM

Why would you put in your ad that the horse needs a trim?? If your husband is a farrier and she needs a trim........trim her!! Why wait until she leaves? And why the heck put that in your ad??

My2Geldings 02-20-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moxie (Post 254490)
I looked and there arent really any options for when you KNOW an ad is fraudulent. I'm not upset that they're trying to sell her, I'd rather she find a different home, but under those pretenses, she could really hurt someone!

There is a way to report FRAUDS to dream horse but this isn't a fraud it is a lie but not fraud. That is really unfortunate, yet another example of how you CANNOT trust ANYONE in the horse business.

I recently heard a story of a rider who bought what was believed to be a good, sound riding horse from a well known trainer. As it turned out to be the horse actually had behavior problems. That trainer knowingly sold that horse which had been drugged to a youth rider.

Up until I heard that story, I actually had respect for that trainer. Comes to show what people will do to sell an animal. Absolutely disgusting, you just cannot trust anyone. One more reason why I love starting off from scratch. At least I know exactly where Cobalt has come from and what he has been thru.