The Horse Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to our first horse trials! *Pic heavy*

2K views 10 replies 11 participants last post by  MyBoyPuck 
#1 ·
My gelding and I are 'up and coming' eventers, and my trainer thinks he has the talent to get to training! I took him to our first horse trial yesterday, and we did modified beginner novice. This show is geared towards green horses/riders, so the modified division had a beginner novice dressage test but the jumping height was two feet. My gelding and I school at 2' 6"-3' and competed in a two phase at 2'6", but since neither of us had really done cross country, my trainer had us do this lower level.

I'm so happy with how it went! We got our dressage score from a 40 (two weeks ago at the two phase) to a 31.5! That score put us in second after dressage, one point behind another girl from my barn who had a 30.5 and was in first after dressage and first over all! I ended up fourth overall because I had two stops on cross country. There was a coop set up going into the woods, that was different looking from the three fences before it. My very green to cross country gelding (this is kind of the first time hes ever done it) stopped at it twice because he was unsure, but I got him over it on our third try.

Our stadium round could have placed at a hunter show, we just cruised around because the jumps were so low haha

Here are some pictures!

My handsome boy!

The fence before the evil coop

Probably my favorite picture EVER

What a brave little pony

Stadium

This pic is really neat

Our free walk got us an 8!

See less See more
#6 ·
Nothing more wonderful than someone jsut getting into eventing with a horse who is going to be a longterm partner! Just one little note (not criticism...seeing a couple photos certainly doesnt give me the knowledge to criticise you!!! ) but as you move into XC and the jumps get bigger, teach yourself to just sit up and let your horse 'roll' under you over the jumps. If you do that exagerated hunter jumping position, you could have some dangerous moments.
HAVR FUN!! HE's a beauty and he looks like he's loving it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.