The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack Reviews (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/)
-   -   Can someone ID this helmet? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-reviews/can-someone-id-helmet-229177/)

Fayewokf 07-09-2013 12:24 AM

Can someone ID this helmet?

I haven't been riding for over 10 years and my gear is no where to be found. I am just getting back to riding and would love to ride more often, and would want to first get a helmet. I am currently using the school one, and I love it.

I was wondering if anyone here can identify this helmet? I can ask the school or my trainer, but I won't be there for a few weeks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...psf064355d.jpg

waresbear 07-09-2013 12:28 AM

Sorry, no help here. But to ease your mind about your gear going missing after 10 years.....don't worry about your old helmet, they deteriorate after 5 years and need replacing otherwise you might not have full protection.

Fayewokf 07-09-2013 12:48 AM

Oh, thanks!! I want something that's low profile, my head is really small and there isn't any tack shop that carries alot of items in the Bay Area :/

xJumperx 07-09-2013 12:52 AM

Well, it is an LAS, but I think you can tell that by the picture itself. This is what I found out by doing some research on LAS helmets -

We are proud to introduce to you LAS Helmets, a best-selling line of European designed and crafted riding helmets! For 35 years, LAS Helmets has remained at the forefront of comfort, quality, safety and design and now JPC is proud to offer LAS Helmets to North American riders!

LAS English rider helmets feature a wide selection of dependable and distinguished riding helmets for every English rider. Whether you choose a velvet show helmet, schooling helmet or dressage hat, LAS Helmets has the protective gear to help keep you safe and looking sharp.

Naturally, LAS riding helmets meet every rigorous SEI and ASTM standard, which is why LAS Helmets is the official title sponsor of the United States Pony Club.

- JPC, Fine Riding Products

LAS has been an Italian manufacturer of quality protective sports helmets since 1974. They produce a unique line of exceptional helmets developed by their team of experts who are passionate about designing and giving you the best product available. These helmets are distinct in their design, safety and innovation. 100% made in Italy

- Action Rider Tack
~~
And from the looks of it, they can go for upwards of 100 bucks. I haven't seen one lower yet.

Fayewokf 07-09-2013 03:19 AM

Thanks!! I couldn't tell from the blurry letter, I kept googling IAS....

Saddlebag 07-09-2013 06:07 PM

There are so many helmets now BUT they must carry the ASTM lable. If you haven't tried the dial adjustable, they are the cat's meow and do come in small, med and large. The helmets are also lighter in weight and better ventilated.