The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Shows (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/)
-   -   Show Checklist (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-shows/show-checklist-229321/)

eventer16 07-09-2013 09:54 AM

Show Checklist

I have Pony Club Championships late July (don't laugh, pony club isn't all about little girls and their ponies jumping over tiny little cross rails, everyone there is 12-21 years old). I want to have a very thorough list since we are driving 8 hours to get there and we are going to be there from Wednesday afternoon until Monday morning. I'm going in Show Jumping, so no need for multiple bridles, saddles, etc. And in case you don't know much about Pony Club, they are very picky, ae: You can only have leather/breakaway halter, you can only have cotton lead rope, you must label your buckets FEED ONLY WATER ONLY WASH ONLY, etc. So just was wondering if you guys could double check my list and make sure I don't forget anything. :lol:

Tack
Saddle
Show pads
Schooling pad
Half pad
Girth
Crops
Bridle
Bit
Reins
Bell boots
Splint boots
Tack cleaning kit

Grooming
Curry comb
Body brush
Dandy brush
Body/dock/face sponge
Tail brush
Baby wipes
Face brush
Hoof pick
Hoof care
Tail bandage
Scissors
Duct tape/sharpie
Cowboy magic

Clothing
Breeches (4)
Polos (4)
Show jacket
Show shirt
Helmet
Hairnets/hairbands
Stock tie/pin
Belt
Tall boots
Boot cleaning kit
Tall socks
Short socks
Barn boots
Rain gear
Sweat pants
T-shirts (4)
Shorts (4)
Pajamas
Bathing suit
Toiletries

Barn Stuff
Feed (6 breakfast) (6 dinner)
Buckets (5)
Chains/clips for buckets
Salt block
Hay (4 bales)
Manure cart
Pitch fork
Fan (2)
Zip ties/bungee cords
Shavings
First aid kit
Extension cord
Dolly for trunk

DuckDodgers 07-09-2013 10:02 AM

I think that pony club has a show checklist floating around that should cover all of their requirements/basic equipment. You may need to double check to make sure nothing is missing from the list, but that's a good place to start!

eventer16 07-09-2013 10:05 AM

Thanks, I've seen it, but it's mostly for the Rally Kits. :cry:

DuckDodgers 07-09-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eventer16 (Post 3008729)
Thanks, I've seen it, but it's mostly for the Rally Kits. :cry:

In theory the rally kits should pretty much cover anything one would need for a show? I haven't done pony club in awhile though, so I wouldn't really know :P

eventer16 07-09-2013 11:47 AM

Everything that I have on the list above is not on the required equipment list.
Posted via Mobile Device

equiniphile 07-09-2013 12:52 PM

Is your avatar picture at the Buckeye Horse park in OH, by any chance? Looks familiar; that's where our regional rally is.

Above all, make sure to pack lots of hay strings (the PC approved kind, not the plastic ones) for breakaway hooks and label EVERYTHING with your last name, team name, and number. Make sure you have the appropriate number of free holes above your bridle and girth buckles. No rust on hoof picks, have paper bags for grain, and feed labeled in pounds and not scoops or quarts. Pack lots of bedding if it's not provided, and triple-check your kits with your teammates. They love to get you on expiration dates on sunscreen and triple antibiotics creams.

Also, be nice to your stable manager! It's a hell of a job to take care of 3-4 horses during the rally, get kids where they need to be, get ponies in the show ring, to equipment checks, safety checks, turnbacks, help them memorize their tests and courses, etc. It's a really tough job, so try to help out with your own horse as much as you can.

Good luck!

eventer16 07-09-2013 01:14 PM

Thanks, and no, it's at Poplar Place Farm in Columbus, Georgia.
Posted via Mobile Device

xJumperx 07-09-2013 04:37 PM

This is my Horse Show checklist for everything. It covers everything I need. I show Hunters and Jumpers.

Download a Horse Show Checklist and Stall Card

It's the one on the top, obviously. :lol:
Completely virus free if you're worried about downloading, I have got it on multiple computers and never had an issue.