The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   I need some filigree for my website!!!! (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/i-need-some-filigree-my-website-23004/)

starlinestables 02-20-2009 03:57 PM

I need some filigree for my website!!!!

I need some filigree to add to my website but I can't figure out how to remove the backgrounds so that I can put it on my website.

I would like something to flank my logo and maybe some to seperate different sections or whatever..

heres my site:

www.starlinestables.com

Can someone help me out?

mattie 02-22-2009 10:19 AM

what do you mean filigree????

Jehanzeb 02-23-2009 04:17 AM

Yes, what do you mean? I don't understand what you want to add onto your website. By looks of it, it looks fine.

I would suggest one small thing and that is to put those Photos with shadow (use photoshop and add shadow to the layer (photo) and then upload it as Jpeg.

I also found that on my connection the website loads quite slow, is it because you made the site on Photoshop?

Please provide further information so that we can help :D

Regards

starlinestables 02-25-2009 10:48 PM

Filigree = swirlys, like victorian or western Filigree! I can't figured out how to remove the background well enough because filigree is so intricate.

Thank you for the shadow idea! I didn't make the whole website using photoshop.. I used the yahoo page builder thing.

Jehanzeb 02-26-2009 05:27 AM

yeah I just figured out because your background is a big image, hence loading times are slow :D.

I am afraid I still don't understand what Filigree = swirlys is. You might think it is my ignorant however I couldn't even find anything about it in Google.

Perhaps a screenshot pointing at those Filigree will help me find out what exactly you are looking for? and what you want to achieve :D.

Many thanks

Regards

starlinestables 02-26-2009 10:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes, the main background is one big image... Is that a bad thing? I'm not a web designer by any means.. lol. I have a very beginner understanding to web design, html, and photoshop.

I am attaching a few examples of filigree. Hopefully this works..

Jehanzeb 02-27-2009 06:12 AM

Now I get it. Ok open photoshop (CS3 I am using at work and CS4 at home).

1: Open Photoshop
2: Open your background photo
3: Open the filigree
4: Choose the one you want (use the crop tool to crop it)
5: Drag and drop the chosen filigree into the background photo
6: Use the Eraser tool (Magic eraser tool)
7: using the tool click on the white parts of the filigree.
8: Keep cleaning it until you get rid of white background of filigree
9: Once done you can move the image (layer) anywhere in the background
10: Save the background and test

On the other note: The image background if litterly used is a bad idea as on slow connections your website will load in layers its like watching a movie with 1 frame per second. :D

Let me know how it goes

Best of luck

Regards

starlinestables 02-27-2009 03:29 PM

How do I use the same back ground but not have it load like that?

Jehanzeb 02-28-2009 07:12 AM

perhaps you can try using CSS template and then change the background. CSS is a nice and faster way of displaying your website.

Regards

starlinestables 03-01-2009 11:41 AM

What is css?? lol