The Horse Forum (http://www.horseforum.com/forumindex.php)
- Horse Conformation Critique (/horse-conformation-critique/)
- - Critique on QH Mare. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/critique-qh-mare-230986/)
Critique on QH Mare.
Hey everyone my friend wants everyone to critique her girl. She is a 12 year old Quarter Horse.
Aaaand one mare glare because she was not amused...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...psfdda33ba.jpgThanks so much! =]
Hi there, she seems nicely built - couple things that stand out to me:
1) front hooves.. long toe, low heels.. that can be fixed with correct trimming
2) she appears to have a very short back combined with high wither - he may be a challenge to fit a saddle..
3) I wish her throat latch area was a little cleaner.. her neck overall seems kind of thick, I'd like to see a little more refinement
4) Her legs seem to be on the thin side for the size of her body
Overall - nothing bad that I can see.. What is her pedigree do you know?
She was told she was able to get registered at some point. But she shuffled through a few owners and paperwork got lost. They found the first owner once but the number had been disconnected. So who knows! But she is a sweet horse. =]
Also: Yes she was difficult to find a saddle they had to have one made.
What is your friend planning to do with her?
She does some jumping and trail riding. She just enjoys doing anything with her. It's her first horse. :)
I think she wants to jump someday as that what she does the most.
If that is your friend's first horse then the temperament of the horse should be the #1 on the list.. Does your friend have any prior experience with horses? I am assuming she took lessons or leased a horse before if she is looking to purchase one right? :)
Oh she knows.
Its her first horse but she has had her for 4 or 5 years.
The horse is willing to go anywhere for her. They are a lovely pair. =]
Perfect scenario - she knows the mare well then :) I am very happy for her!
I didn't know that QHs can be pinto. She seems odd to me. Not like I'm used to seeing horses in the breed.
Well no - QH's cannot be pinto.. however she could be a Paint (APHA) if she was registered with APHA (colored QH), if she is not registered with APHA then she is just "pinto" which is no breed but color registry..
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:09 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.