The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Natural Horsemanship (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/)
-   -   Savvy String wraping around Carrot Stick (http://www.horseforum.com/natural-horsemanship/savvy-string-wraping-around-carrot-stick-23231/)

StormyBlues 02-24-2009 12:38 PM

Savvy String wraping around Carrot Stick

Ok, so I tried loosening my grp, but it still wraps around the Carrot Stick! I'm to the point of frustration with it! Any help?

Spastic_Dove 02-24-2009 12:41 PM

Was it you that said you were at a Parelli barn? Is there someone who could work with you hands on?

StormyBlues 02-24-2009 12:49 PM

No, unforch I'm not working at a Parelli facility, just following the DVD series, lol

Spirithorse 02-24-2009 02:41 PM

When does it wrap around the stick? When you are playing the Friendly Game? Or what?

StormyBlues 02-24-2009 03:58 PM

No, when I'm just swinging it, the book says that you need to "be able to swing carrot stick with out the savvy string wraping around it"

HorsesAreForever 02-24-2009 06:41 PM

I really wouldnt worry about it, I skipped all that when I started really SHH :P

And are you on the old parelli packs.... There really helpful in the process but you should probably be working on the patterns and the games.

StormyBlues 02-24-2009 09:46 PM

I am diong the Parelli Level 1 stuff. I think I want to stick with it because I want to do the basics of it.

Spirithorse 02-25-2009 12:34 AM

Yea, I would stick with the Level 1 stuff for now. Then move on to the Patterns.

It's like, I know what you need to do to stop the string from wrapping around the stick, but I can't explain it! lol. Arrgghhh.......ummm.......well are you swinging it over head?

StormyBlues 02-25-2009 10:09 AM

yea, im doing the whole swinging over the head deal

Dumas'_Grrrl 02-25-2009 11:20 AM

You just need to practice in the yard (lol not in the house :-P ) A carrot stick is not much different than any other type of whip and you need to learn how to control the end through fluid movements.

Wear sunglasses and go fling it around...Try not to whoop your own butt with it and learn how it works. You'll look like a goof ball for the first 10 minutes or so then you'll start to figure it out! :D

Good Luck and don't poke your eye out!!! :D :D :D