The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   tiny jumps (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/tiny-jumps-2325/)

pandascare 06-23-2007 03:10 PM

tiny jumps

http://www.horseforum.com/userpix/1485_horse_016_1.jpg Well I know it might be hard to see but I don't have anything to zoom or edit lol, we got first :D
Jack pretty much just walked over it :roll:
critique? I know their are many things I need to work on

Bourbon St. 07-13-2007 07:57 PM

From what I can see, your out of your saddle a bit too much for crossrails, and your on his neck.One problem is your reins are too long, if your reins were shorter and you release his head it would look lovely.But you and your horse look great together.

Sara 07-13-2007 10:43 PM

Yeah, for a jump of that size, you shouldn't even have to change your 2-point position at all.

*ArabianPrincess* 07-17-2007 11:30 AM

Hey,

You two look really good together =) From what i can see!
Looks like you're over jumping, and Giving a bit too much relase, but as they say too much is better then none at all!
Your leg has slipped back but that can be easly fixed ..

Just try not to pinch with your knee and do some streches before you jump like 2 pointing and streching through your knee to your ankle and relaxe so your weight drops and your heals go down..

And it will feel alot better =)

Well done for getting a first =)
Cant wait to see more pictures =)

pandascare 07-17-2007 09:40 PM

thanks so much everyone :D
Yeah now that you guys show me I can really see my mistakes and its really helped.
I've been working on my two point and not trying to jump for the horse but just waiting and letting the horse come to me and its helped alot now I just need to work on keeping my hands out of my lap :P
But I've been riding a horse that you really need to keep your hands up and your reins short so its been helping!

xxxMYSTYxxx 08-04-2007 06:06 AM

its a little hard to see but it looks like ur legs have slipped back to far...and like everyone else has said ur overjumping

jumpjaky 08-22-2007 03:20 PM

are you cantering over them? keep a nice rhythmic canter over them

pandascare 08-28-2007 02:56 PM

Nope we had to trot into the first jump I guess to show we could control the horse and than canter the rest of the course :)
Thanks everyone!

Sara 08-28-2007 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandascare
I've been working on my two point and not trying to jump for the horse but just waiting and letting the horse come to me

Yes, that's exactly it. I'm glad you're progressing, good luck:)

krazi_katie 09-08-2007 11:05 PM

you are too far ahead of the movement
and your legs are too far back

it's also good to here you are trying to improve! great job! post some more pictures so we can see how much you have improved since the photos were taken

i'm glad you can see the faults....it shows how much you are learning :D

good luck!