The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Confirmation for 8yr old OTTB? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/confirmation-8yr-old-ottb-233042/)

CruiseControl 07-15-2013 12:00 AM

Confirmation for 8yr old OTTB?

2 Attachment(s)
Here's my new boy! He hasn't jumped at all at his old home, but I thought I'd do a free lunge and see how he did! I did a tiny jump to start with, please let me know what you think of him!

Also let me know if the images work!

JustDressageIt 07-15-2013 12:05 AM

Welcome to the forum! Your horse is very cute :)
Unfortunately, those photos really don't show us anything. 1) Cannot assess conformation on a moving animal. 2) The jump is so tiny that you cannot discern anything about movement over it. I do like, however, that if the photos are posted chronologically, that it shows your horse going from "OMG SUPERMANJUMP!" to "no biggie canter pole" where he got to the pole in a much better manner.
From the second photo, though, I think he's quite cute :)

EmilyJoy 07-15-2013 06:44 PM

The first picture makes me giggle, reminds me of our old pony who would leap twice as high as necessary...

tlkng1 07-15-2013 06:47 PM

I like that first shot as well...he was like...what is THAT!!!??? It's gonna get me I know it......!

CruiseControl 07-15-2013 11:51 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Aww haha I'm glad you guys think so! He's definitely the sweetest horse I've ever worked with, and I'm glad to own him. :) I got some pictures today while he was eating. Let me know if these work!

CruiseControl 07-16-2013 01:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a better one of him standing and looking around :)

Elana 07-16-2013 08:46 AM

He is a little sickle hocked and a bit straight in the hind leg. He looks a little long in the coupling and looks to have large, roomy hocks. He seems to have good bone.

You really need to have three people and get a proper photo of him for anything further. He needs to stand with his legs toward the camer plumb and the legs away from the camera such that his front leg is a little back (space to the knees) and the rear leg is a little forward (space to the hocks). The photographer needs to stand opposite the horse's hip and the horse's body needs to be parallel to the film plane. He needs to stand on level, firm ground.

To get this one person operates the camera. One person sets up and holds the horse and a third person is out of the picture doing whatever they can to get the horse to look at them with ears forward. Head needs to be up with the nose at the same height as the middle to upper part of the shoulder blade.....

Bre 07-18-2013 03:48 PM

I like the way this Gelding looks. Looks like a nice Strong horse!

TAPITOTTB 07-22-2013 09:05 PM

What's his jockey club name? He looks just like my OTTB gelding who also happens to be 8.

CruiseControl 07-23-2013 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TAPITOTTB (Post 3135425)
What's his jockey club name? He looks just like my OTTB gelding who also happens to be 8.

I think it was Global Leader? Something like that. And you're right! they do look pretty similar!