The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Hunters and Hunter Seat Equitation (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/)
-   -   Short Sleeved Show Shirts? Advice Needed ASAP (http://www.horseforum.com/hunters-hunter-seat-equitation/short-sleeved-show-shirts-advice-needed-233306/)

Corazon Lock 07-15-2013 12:02 PM

Short Sleeved Show Shirts? Advice Needed ASAP

If coats are waived, can you wear a short sleeved show shirt? What is a good brand of a short sleeved show shirt to have, one that is not too expensive or high end? I have a B rated show next week and am looking for one and am not finding a whole lot. Could you roll the sleeves on your long sleeved show shirt to make it short sleeved perhaps? LET ME KNOW!

Dreamcatcher Arabians 07-15-2013 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corazon Lock (Post 3063050)
If coats are waived, can you wear a short sleeved show shirt? What is a good brand of a short sleeved show shirt to have, one that is not too expensive or high end? I have a B rated show next week and am looking for one and am not finding a whole lot. Could you roll the sleeves on your long sleeved show shirt to make it short sleeved perhaps? LET ME KNOW!

I know that judges frequently will waive the coats when temperatures get high, but I've never taken off my coat in a class. I feel like, 15 mins is not that long to keep the coat on and if it's hot enough to waive a coat, then it's hot enough that I should just go home.

All that said, long sleeves on the shirt, please and no, don't roll them up.

updownrider 07-15-2013 07:29 PM

USEF Hunter rules say: When management permits Hunter or Hunter Seat Equitation riders to ride without jackets, riders must wear traditional, short, or long-sleeved riding shirts with chokers or ties. Polo shirts and chaps are not permitted except in unjudged warm-up classes. Management or Judge may eliminate an exhibitor who is inappropriately attired.

Try looking at Dover Saddlery - Quality English Horse Tack & Horse Supplies for short sleeved shirts. I'm sure other tack shops carry them, too. I wouldn't roll up your sleeves, I'd wear them as they are before doing that.

KWPNowner 07-15-2013 07:40 PM

As short-sleeved shirts are technically allowed, it's your choice if you want to wear one, but I will say that I've never seen a short sleeved shirt at a rated show. (ETA: in the hunter ring. If you're doing the jumpers, then there are lots of cute short sleeve options). Even under a jacket, a short sleeve shirt won't give the same presentation as a long sleeved shirt, as it's typical to see your cuffs poke out beyond your jacket.

I'd recommend looking into one of the newer style shirts, with wrap collars, that are made of extra breathable fabric. The wrap collars are very popular right now and, as a bonus, you don't have to worry about losing a choker! Mine are all very lightweight and comfortable as well, and I live in the southeast, so we have a pretty hot climate!

LexyBlake 08-04-2013 01:22 PM

In hunter jumper the fashion right now is having the arm cuffs of your show shirt out at he sleeve. Or so ive heard.