The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Would this be safe? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/would-safe-23332/)

CrazyChester 02-25-2009 06:48 PM

Would this be safe?

I was looking around and I came across this. It wouldnt be very safe would it?

backsupport

GiddyVirgil 02-25-2009 06:49 PM

Haha,we were having a discussion about this in chat and she posted it.My eyes popped out of my head lol.My dad thought you put it around your neck HAHA

kershkova 02-25-2009 06:53 PM

what!?!?

LauraB 02-25-2009 07:07 PM

I have known two riders that have been severely disabled that have been very sucessful in the show ring competing against able bodied riders. One of the riders had no legs and only one arm. She cued her horse of of voice commands and steered with her one arm. She showed 4-H and went to state almost every year. In breed competition I showed with a rider that was a parapalegic. She had no use of her legs. She showed at the world level and did awesome. Both of these riders used saddles with similar concepts at the one posted above. Equipment like this fulfills the dreams of handicaped riders and please don't knock it before seeing someone using and enjoying it.

GiddyVirgil 02-25-2009 07:10 PM

Im not knocking it,I just never saw anything like it.I understand for disabled but I thought it was everyday use.

Whipple 02-25-2009 07:12 PM

I'm going to assume if the horse spooked that the rider would be able to come off easily. That would be my only concern. But otherwise, it looks pretty cool.

CrazyChester 02-25-2009 07:25 PM

It does say it uses quick release velcro for fast removal, and it also has a seat belt.

JustDressageIt 02-25-2009 07:39 PM

I weighed in on the other thread, but this is brilliant for handicapped riders. Of course proper precaution should be taken to use a horse that is suitable.

Vidaloco 02-25-2009 07:40 PM

I could see that being very useful to a therapeutic riding center. Gosh it sure is expensive though :shock:

equineangel91 02-25-2009 07:41 PM

wow
well i dont think its a great idea
but for horses that are trained for working with the handicapped and with people working with them. it cant be too bad
but as for general riding...NO WAY!