The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Show Clothing (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/)
-   -   Show breeches- in a HURRY! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-show-clothing/show-breeches-hurry-233818/)

Milking Moo Moos 07-15-2013 11:43 PM

Show breeches- in a HURRY!

I need well fitting show breeches fast- and there are absolutely ZERO tack stores to try on anything in my area. I am 15- 5'1, I have pretty much zero curves, I have narrow hips and thicker legs, small butt.
Budget: $120 ish
Looking at used probably?
What brands or styles would fit me?
(Hunter ring appropriate)

PaintLovinGirl 07-24-2013 01:33 AM

Look at stateline tack, they have lots of different brands. There's going to be a lot of different styles so you can pick which ones you prefer. I'm 5'3 and curvy (no not fat or "thick,"literally I'm average size and I have curves!), and I really love Kerrits brand breeches, they fit me great and come in a lot of different styles too. Brought mine from a tack store for 90 bucks so don't worry about wearing someone else's old hand me downs lol

cheers357 07-24-2013 01:12 PM

Dover has a lot of choices and you should be able to find something well within your budget. They're usually pretty good about shipping fast too.

countercanter 07-25-2013 04:28 PM

Horseloverz just put a bunch of Ariats on sale...and if you let them know you need a rush on it they are more than willing to help you out. Smartpak is another place to check out, free shipping on orders over $75 and they have a good selection. Most of my breeches are Tailored Sportsmans and Ariats, but the cheapest TS you will find will be about $160. Ariats are great though.

JaneyWaney9 07-29-2013 02:56 PM

THESE.
I got two pairs of them for Christmas, and they are the best. I am a bit curvy so it's a bit of work to get them on, but you wouldn't have a problem. They don't get dirty and they look great.
Tuffrider Ladies Sierra Knee Patch Breeches and Front Zip Knee Patch Breeches | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

They also have these if they are out of the other ones.
EcoGreen by TuffRider Ladies Sierra Bamboo Knee Patch Riding Breech and Front Zip Knee Patch Breeches | EQUESTRIAN COLLECTIONS.COM

upnover 08-07-2013 04:49 PM

Check out smartpak. They have free returns so you can order a few breeches, find what you like, and return the rest.

If you have a smaller waist but bigger legs I'd start off with Tailored Sportsmans. They may be a bit over your budget but are excellent quality and you can find them on sale occasionally. Ariat Pro Circuits are also built similarly to TS's, but the other ariat models are built fairly straight and slim. A friend of mine is built kind of like you and loves Ovations to school in, maybe some of those?