The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/)
-   -   Thoughts on Buck Brannaman (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/thoughts-buck-brannaman-233890/)

Nokotaheaven 07-16-2013 01:08 AM

Thoughts on Buck Brannaman

Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts and opinions are on Buck :)

boots 07-16-2013 01:13 AM

Overall I like him. He's just a guy, but he has a good way with horses and people.

SorrelHorse 07-16-2013 01:21 AM

Neutral but not a fan. I lost a lot of respect for him after watching him say no to some horses who were very much so fixable. That's a long story though that I'm too tired to type in rant form...lol

waresbear 07-16-2013 01:58 AM

He's got a nice butt, that's makes up for a lot.

deserthorsewoman 07-16-2013 02:04 AM

Gifted rider and horseman. Not just a big ego. And he doesn't sell anything....;-)

smrobs 07-16-2013 01:28 PM

Let me put it this way, if I had the chance to choose 3 clinicians to go see....I'd go see Buck 3 times LOL.

toto 07-16-2013 02:02 PM

Hes the real horse Whisperer- a real way with horses!

tinyliny 07-16-2013 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorrelHorse (Post 3071314)
Neutral but not a fan. I lost a lot of respect for him after watching him say no to some horses who were very much so fixable. That's a long story though that I'm too tired to type in rant form...lol

not in rant form, what is the problem with him saying "no"? a man who is as busy as he is HAS to say "no" from time to time. he has that right, just like the rest of us.

Speed Racer 07-16-2013 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SorrelHorse (Post 3071314)
I lost a lot of respect for him after watching him say no to some horses who were very much so fixable.

Based on whose opinion that they were fixable? Yours? The owners?

The one stally he recommended putting down in his documentary, I fully agreed with his assessment. Dangerous horse, and it wasn't worth his time, effort or safety to try and fix the animal.

He's allowed to say no to horses with whom he doesn't want to bother. All trainers, especially the BNTs, pick and choose their clients. I don't see why Brannaman should be held to a higher standard than anyone else.

I like his style and approach. If I were ever to clinic with anyone, it would be him. He makes a lot of sense and doesn't use cutesy terms, smoke and mirrors, and isn't out to convince anyone he's all that and a big bag of chips or that his way is the ONLY one. He does his thing and if you think you can use what he's teaching, take away what you can.

busysmurf 07-16-2013 02:14 PM

Blunt,to the point, and focuses on common sense from what I've seen. The honestly good horsemen that I know in life are like that, so I will give more credibility to anyone that is like that.