The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Trainers (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/)
-   -   Pat Parelli on older RFD TV (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-trainers/pat-parelli-older-rfd-tv-233986/)

Saddlebag 07-16-2013 07:45 AM

Pat Parelli on older RFD TV

Watched a vid from '98 on fear reactions, including dogs, horses, people and cats. It seems when he's before a smaller audience we get a chance to enjoy his humor and there was plenty. I've watched one on trailer loading with a smaller crowd and again he was comical. Entertainers often speak of enjoying the connection with a smaller audience.

palogal 07-16-2013 01:36 PM

He's a clown, in front of any audience.

toto 07-16-2013 01:41 PM

He reminds me of santa claus- a jolly ol boy aint he? :-P

If i read old threads here about him people talk about how much they liked him-- why did they change their minds?

palogal 07-16-2013 01:42 PM

Honestly, he was pretty good, before he got popular and the cult formed. Then he got arrogant and started thinking he was an expert on aspects that he is not. He can't ride....at all, and neither can Linda. He's pretty nifty on the ground though....or he was before he turned into a circus performer.

toto 07-16-2013 02:03 PM

You think it takes no skill to ride bareback broncs?

palogal 07-16-2013 02:11 PM

No, I didn't say that. He doesn't claim to teach bronc riding.

toto 07-16-2013 03:07 PM

What does 'he cant ride' mean? Because he gives light cues?

palogal 07-16-2013 03:42 PM

He's just generally sloppy and doesn't follow the guidelines of any specific discipline, which is cool but he claims he knows how to ride properly and he just doesn't. Linda is a train wreck and she thinks she's a dressage rider.

tinyliny 07-16-2013 04:43 PM

I have to kind of agree, I don't think Pat rides well in the sense that it isn't according to accepted ideals of good riding. He simply does not have that good of a seat, for a man that spends as much time with horses as he does. However, that doesn't mean he can't ride. There are just ton's of people who don't have a nice-looking seat, who still ride.

I like Pat's humor and his folksy way of being. His way of describing his methods, with all the acronyms and cheesey little sayings and rhyming things makes me want to gag myself. But, though I've never met him, if I did, I think I'd probably like him. I got royally roasted a year or two back when I said I liked his moustache, that I thought it was kind of "sexy". Man, did I get teased for that!

toto 07-16-2013 05:25 PM

http://www.horsemensreunion.com/incl...patparelli.jpg

^ look what i got, lol. :-P

those dont look too bad- got some big ol shoulders but he looks like any other big man i ever seen on a horse- harder to look pretty i reckon, lol.

tinyliny- who dont love a man with a mustache? 8-)