The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Videos (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/)
-   -   Learning to jump! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-videos/learning-jump-23401/)

Hoofprints in the Sand 02-26-2009 05:05 PM

Learning to jump!

This is my trainer, already jumping with Sandie now (only took her once on the lunge line to figure it out!)...this was after one week of learning to jump, she's such a natural, so proud of her!! :-)

koomy56 02-28-2009 09:36 AM

Nice job. :) She looks like she's enjoying herself

GSJCCrider 02-28-2009 01:45 PM

nice job, she's a natural!

Hoofprints in the Sand 02-28-2009 05:28 PM

Thanks!! I'm so excited, can't wait to try out jumping with her myself! :-) But I'm kinda green when it comes to jumping still, so I'm waiting until Sandie is trained a little more before I try it with her...green horse + green rider jumping = potential for trouble! ;-)

koomy56 02-28-2009 10:17 PM

Oh, not always. If you have great help it could be a really fun opportunity for you both. It's when you have the green rider and green horse with no help, then you're asking for trouble! :)

mayfieldk 03-01-2009 12:07 AM

Kudos, Hoofprints! Training green horses to jump is best left to the professionals so you don't accidentally bump her in the mouth or flop back in the saddle etc. whilst she's trying to learn too!

What a cuuute horse! What breed?

Hoofprints in the Sand 03-01-2009 09:04 AM

Thanks! :-) Yes, I agree - my trainer can jump anything in any condition, so he'd riding her 3x/week for me now, working on ground manners, dressage, and now a little jumping here and there as well to get her introduced to it! She's actually a registered Paint - her dam is a buckskin QH and sire is an overo Paint. She came out a solid buckskin with a bald face :-)

mayfieldk 03-01-2009 05:08 PM

I KNEW IT WAS A PAINT!!

(I show the APHA circuit. :)? )

She is so cute! You're going to have a lot of fun with her. :D