The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Meet the Community (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/)
-   -   Hello from Alaska (http://www.horseforum.com/meet-community/hello-alaska-235290/)

ReubenJCogburn 07-17-2013 06:15 PM

Hello from Alaska

My name is Angela, and I have a yearling gelding named Reuben. He's an Arabian/Oldenburg cross. His companion is a goat named Chloe, and I've never seen a pair of buddies closer than those two.

Reuben is my first horse after taking a two year break from running a horse farm. There, I did lessons, boarding, and training of multiple horses. It was a family operation, but after almost 20 years of farm and daily life, I was getting spread a little thin and burnt out on horses! So now, I'm happy to say that I have found a more manageable horse lifestyle.

Reuben came up from Oregon this spring and we spent the time before his arrival fencing and shelter building at our new house. It's a major work in progress, but I'm having a blast doing it. One horse is more manageable and enjoyable than 12+ for sure!

I live in Fairbanks, Alaska with my husband and our best friend. Neither of them are horse people, but they love having the horse around and they also love helping with the horse chores. Technically, the goat belongs to my roommate, but we all know she actually belongs to Reuben. :)

Taffy Clayton 07-17-2013 06:56 PM

Welcome!! Photos of Alaska and the two buddies please .>:D

Roperchick 07-17-2013 07:10 PM

Welcome to HF!!!

Aaaand what Taffy said!

Jake and Dai 07-17-2013 07:56 PM

Welcome to the forum Angela! So excited to see pictures!!!! **hint hint hint**

Northernstar 07-17-2013 08:04 PM

A hearty welcome from N MI!! :)

doubleopi 07-17-2013 11:19 PM

Yay! Welcome from Kodiak! There's an Alaska Arabian horse group on FB, if you are on it. Check it out!

stevenson 07-18-2013 01:52 AM

welcome to the forum.

Country Woman 07-18-2013 06:53 PM

Welcome to the forum Angela nice to meet you
would love to see some pictures

DancingArabian 07-18-2013 09:58 PM

Welcome to the board!

I love Alaska. My husband and I ran off to Alaska to elope - we got married in Ketchikan.
Posted via Mobile Device

ReubenJCogburn 07-23-2013 05:37 PM

Thank you everyone for the welcome! It's nice to see a fellow Alaskan on here! I will definitely check out the FB page!

I'd love to post pictures, but I'm currently on my phone... And in San Diego :) I'm not sure how to post on this contraption. ;)

I will definitely post some photos when I get home... I love sharing!
Posted via Mobile Device