The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   Had to say goodbye..... (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/had-say-goodbye-23595/)

Becky 03-01-2009 03:27 PM

Had to say goodbye.....

Hello,

I had to say goodbye to my TB gelding yesterday and i would have to say its been the hardest thing in my life to ever have done. It took me 6 months to finally make the decision and i think i have found him a very good home in Victoria, the girl has had horses for over 20 yrs ad still has her first pony which is now 36.... I thought it would help knowing that he is going to someone who is looking for their forever friend, but im still so heart broken that he is gone, i cant stop wondering if he is happy its breaking my heart, will this ever heal?

Has anyone else been through anything similar?

farmpony84 03-01-2009 03:32 PM

Oh gosh! I thought you had to put him down. I'm so glad you found him a good home. I still have my first horse, I don't think I could do it but I'm proud that you did..... Keep in touch with the new owners, maybe that will make things easier.

Vidaloco 03-01-2009 03:35 PM

The one and only TB we've ever owned we had to sell after deciding she would never be the trail horse we wanted. I had really bonded with her. She was a really sweet horse and was anything someone who didn't mind staying in a controlled area jumping stuff would have loved. She just wasn't what I needed at the time. She went to a good place where she could really shine (a riding academy).
Today, I'm happier and I'm sure she is happier but I did miss her for a long time. It does get better though :D

Moxie 03-01-2009 03:36 PM

That must be really tough, I am sorry that it's been difficult for you, but I am happy that you found him a suitable home.

It'll get easier, as they say "This too shall pass". Although you will probably always think about him, just know that you did you very best in finding him a good home.

Becky 03-01-2009 04:23 PM

Yes the girl that bought him is going to send me regular updates and she said i can go down and see him aytime i want which is great. The transport company which transported him was great as he knows the ew owner and said she really looks after her horses so thats made me happy but its still sad and i miss him so much already, all i want is for him to be happy and i hope she can give him that happiness.

FGRanch 03-01-2009 08:15 PM

Selling horses is never easy but you do get over it! Or at least it gets easier to deal with over time!

kim_angel 03-02-2009 03:31 PM

It's really a tough thing to have to do. I know it broke my heart to sell Angel, but she was just too much for me to handle with my injured back. I need a companion that was gentle.

I know its for the best... she has a good home and now I have Toby and he and I were meant to be together.

My heart still breaks to think about her sometimes though...

I am sorry you had to sell your TB. *hug*

Becky 03-02-2009 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kim_angel (Post 262692)
It's really a tough thing to have to do. I know it broke my heart to sell Angel, but she was just too much for me to handle with my injured back. I need a companion that was gentle.

I know its for the best... she has a good home and now I have Toby and he and I were meant to be together.

My heart still breaks to think about her sometimes though...

I am sorry you had to sell your TB. *hug*

Thanks, yeah it still is tough, just so used to having him around. His new owner has been wonderful, sending me updates about him already and telling me how much she loves him. She has invited me down to visit in a couple of months so cant wait to give him a big cuddle :-)

Yes i agree when you say your heart still breaks when you think about Angel as thats exaclty how i feel and i know he only left on sunday so need to give it time but he will always hold a special place in my heart as we experienced so much together and he is my first horse, i dont think any other could replace him.