The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Confo crit for paint pony, please ? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/confo-crit-paint-pony-please-236058/)

Nikkibella 07-18-2013 06:20 PM

Confo crit for paint pony, please ?

I've ridden this pony for four years and the opportunity just came to buy her so out of curiosity I'd like to know if she has good conformation. She is a 6YO paint pony, she is very forward and she's a very good jumper. I'm thinking of buying her and doing 2'3 or 2'6 jumpers with her.
http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/...ps9214d469.png
The critique won't really hinder my decision to buy her, I'm mostly just curious.
*side note* when cantering , she doesn't hold her lead in the back , it's not just how she's being ridden because she does it every time someone rides her, not just me. I'm going to be doing jumpers with her so I'm not TOO terribly worried about it but if anyone knows what it might be I'd love to know..
Thanks x
Posted via Mobile Device

Nikkibella 07-18-2013 11:59 PM

Anything ?
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 07-19-2013 12:15 AM

I don't see anything?

xlionesss 07-19-2013 12:22 AM

I see the picture, but am no good at conformation.

BansheeBabe 07-19-2013 12:24 AM

With my limited knowledge on conformation, I can say that she has a smallish eye (some people think that this indicates less intelligence, I tend to think its just cosmetic) a nice clean throat latch, but a slight ewe neck.

Her shoulder looks like its at a nice angle and she has a good forearm to cannon bone ratio. Her pasterns have a good slope, and she has nice, evenly sized feet.

Overall, she seems to have good conformation, and is super cute!

Skyseternalangel 07-19-2013 12:27 AM

Oh I see the photo now.

Very skinny legs, a little butt high

Cute little thing

Upright pasterns, but not sure if that is a plus or minus for jumpers

Elana 07-19-2013 07:41 AM

She has the shoulder to handle jumping at that level. Her hocks are a bit small and her legs are a tad fine boned. Her neck ties in nicely to her shoulder and her withers and the withers carry nicely into her back. She is a bit long through the coupling and a bit steep in the croup. I cannot tell if she is tied in at the knee or not. In this photo she needs her feet trimmed.

How big is she and how much weight will she carry? If she is not carrying much weight she ought to be fine assuming you keep her feet in good order and keep her physically fit. Fact is, I suspect this pony will be quite scopey over fences. .

Nikkibella 07-20-2013 10:39 AM

She is 14.2 and she will be carrying 120lbs at most , my sister weighs about 10lbs less than me and we will be the only ones riding her.
Her feet have been trimmed about 3 times since this photo was taken (she has very good feet)
She is VERY SCOPEY!!
Thank you all !
Posted via Mobile Device

Elana 07-20-2013 03:28 PM

At 14.2 hands she will be fine. She probably can jump bigger fences.

Nikkibella 07-20-2013 07:41 PM

She's got scope for miles but where would be a good place to top out for jumping given her height and my weight ?
Posted via Mobile Device