The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Jumping (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/)
-   -   Jumped Kira for the first time today! (http://www.horseforum.com/jumping/jumped-kira-first-time-today-23640/)

Jenna 03-02-2009 03:35 PM

Jumped Kira for the first time today!

Kira's my 5 year old welsh x. I backed her myself last year, spent last year getting her out 'n' about as much as possible, and this year plan on jumping and schooling her a bit more.

She's never jumped anything (apart from out of her field, but that doesn't count!), so on Friday I lunged her over a teeny-tiny jump that was probably about 6 inches high! She got so excited after the first time she galloped around bucking, and it took me a few minutes to calm her down! We worked up to about a foot, and then left it at that.

Today I was schooling her, and she was so good I put the fence up again and lunged her over it - not really planning on riding her after her exciteable reaction before!

But she was so good, I hopped back on and rode her over it a few times! She LOVED it - never a hesitation or a thought of ducking out. It was brilliant!

No pictures, as I was on my own, but I'm going to drag my boys along next time so we can get some piccies. Can't wait to take her a little higher!

Reading it back, it doesn't sound very major, but it was a big milestone for us!

LacyLove 03-02-2009 05:44 PM

that is GREAT! as long as she likes it, she'll be good! sometimes my Lacy is lazy and acts like shes never seen a jump before, but other days she'll be perky and be going over the fences like shes been doing it for 30 years!(shes 4 xD) lol

Pinto Pony 03-03-2009 06:34 AM

Thats great, glad she went so well!

So now you MUST get pics for next time hehe :)

morganshow11 03-03-2009 06:47 AM

how high??!!??!!

PoptartShop 03-03-2009 05:14 PM

Aw, very good to hear! :) That's great that she was doing well. Hope to see some piccies sometime!

Walkamile 03-03-2009 09:50 PM

And a jumper is born! Congrats, glad it's going well. :-)

Tayz 03-04-2009 01:46 AM

Aww that sounds great! Hopefully she'll calm down abit soon :)