The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Looking for Show halter!!!Help! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/looking-show-halter-help-23726/)

Junebug 03-03-2009 07:59 PM

Looking for Show halter!!!Help!

I finally have money now to buy myself a nicer show halter! I have been having some troubles finding "the one", now theres a few that i might be intersted in getting a schiders but i want to keep looking. I only want a CONGRESS CUT halter! NO fitted ones! Is there any websites that you know of?
I already have tried
-SSchiders
-Rods
-Smith Brothers
-State Line
Please Help! :)

LauraB 03-03-2009 08:07 PM

What price range are you looking at? www.pards.com has some congress cut halters. My favorite brand for halters is Kathys Show Equipment and they will make you a custom halter.

Junebug 03-03-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraB (Post 263575)
What price range are you looking at? www.pards.com has some congress cut halters. My favorite brand for halters is Kathys Show Equipment and they will make you a custom halter.

My max is $280

LauraB 03-03-2009 08:42 PM

Your price limit is going to reduce your options. This is for your mare right?

Try these.
FANCY DALE CHAVEZ SHOW SILVER HALTER RUBY MARE SIZE - eBay (item 250380044586 end time Mar-04-09 17:00:33 PST)

Kathy's Silver Show Halter Horse Concut Royal Blue Lead - eBay (item 230328377987 end time Mar-05-09 10:08:49 PST)

Broken Horn Congress Cut Sterling Silver Show Halter - eBay (item 150329730542 end time Mar-07-09 19:49:18 PST)

smrobs 03-03-2009 09:00 PM

I really don't know the difference between a fitted and a congress cut but here are some that I found that are in your price range.

619-0 Show Halter (Equine - Horse Tack Supplies - Western Horse Tack - Show Tack)
Show Halter and Lead (Equine - Horse Tack Supplies - Western Horse Tack - Show Tack)
Royal King Raised Star Show Halter & Lead Set: Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com
Royal King Silver Ferrule Show Halter & Lead Set: Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com

I personally think that this one would look beautiful on a dark horse.
Silver Royal Raised Silver Oval Show Halter: Saddles Tack Horse Supplies - ChickSaddlery.com

kitten_Val 03-04-2009 08:20 AM

Actually ChickSaddlery stuff are pretty crappy. I've been in store and they bring things to Expo every year. They are cheap, but quality-wise I wouldn't buy there expensive stuff. Also do NOT get any from Horse Tack : English and Western Tack at Wholesale Prices TackWholesale.com. Quality is just horrid!

I'd recommend to get one from -good- internet store, which allows returns. I was burned last year: got a show halter (not super expensive but not very cheap either) and 2 weeks later the silver part started to chip off. But... it was too late as they had just 5 or 7 days return policy. Arghhhh.... :evil:

This place (it's my local store with big selection of western stuff) Carroll County Tack & Supply - Welcome to Carroll County Tack and Supply carries some nice show halters, but I don't remember prices. You can give them a call or send email (they are pretty good to respond) - they may have pics (they have on-line store too).

My2Geldings 03-04-2009 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Junebug (Post 263596)
My max is $280

:shock: that much for a show halter?! :shock: yikes, no wonder it takes you a while to save money for one.

bgood400 03-04-2009 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CacheDawnTaxes (Post 263852)
:shock: that much for a show halter?! :shock: yikes, no wonder it takes you a while to save money for one.

thats actually in the lower price range for one! Those things are really expensive. most of them are $300-$400.

kitten_Val 03-04-2009 11:53 AM

Yep, show -quality- halters are very expensive. :-|

LauraB 03-04-2009 12:40 PM

A really nice quality show halter will last for a very long time. I have had my Kathys Show Equipment show halter for ten years. I plan to use it for another 10 years. I paid $350 for it but if you consider how much use I have gotten out of it I don't think that is too bad.