The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Technology (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/)
-   -   Inserting image on document..HELP! (http://www.horseforum.com/technology/inserting-image-document-help-23763/)

free_sprtd 03-04-2009 05:32 PM

Inserting image on document..HELP!

I'm trying to make flyers for my stuff I have for sale. I have Windows vista and am trying to insert an image and when I go to to "insert" I can click on "object" and then create file, from their I browse images, then click ok. What i get is a blank image that if I click on it it redirects me to the image. I can't copy and paste because it doesn't allwo it. Should I be using a different application?

NorthernMama 03-04-2009 10:15 PM

You don't say what program you are using to create the flyers in, but try looking for insert picture instead of insert object.

shmurmer4 03-04-2009 10:25 PM

Insert Image from file.

Insert > Picture > Picture from file.

I'm assuming you have 07 since you're using vista

Otherwise I would use adobe Illustrator

free_sprtd 03-05-2009 12:10 AM

Ok I have Windows Vista, I am using just plain old WORD PAD. There is no insert picture otherwise I would do that. On XP I thought I used to be able to insert image, but can't remember. I don't think I have like Paint or anything like that. ... sorry, computer illiterate. Adobe illustrator? Hmmm do I download that off their site?

shmurmer4 03-05-2009 01:21 PM

they still put word pad on computers?

shmurmer4 03-05-2009 01:25 PM

oooook.

Word pad> Insert > Object > Paintbrush Picture > Paste picture in paint

I guess that is the way to go then, if you're using wordpad.

shmurmer4 03-05-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by free_sprtd (Post 264311)
Ok I have Windows Vista, I am using just plain old WORD PAD. There is no insert picture otherwise I would do that. On XP I thought I used to be able to insert image, but can't remember. I don't think I have like Paint or anything like that. ... sorry, computer illiterate. Adobe illustrator? Hmmm do I download that off their site?

You should have paint, unless someone deleted it or built their own version of vista.

free_sprtd 03-05-2009 03:18 PM

ok thanks I guess lol ill look for it. If people dont really use wordpad anymore, what is a good program?

NorthernMama 03-05-2009 10:23 PM

Microsoft Word or Corel Wordperfect are the two most popular. You can get a bundle with Excel and Outlook from MS; Corel would be Quattro Pro and I dunno what for email. If $ is an issue, but not functionality, look for a student package.

free_sprtd 03-06-2009 12:21 AM

ahhh lol I found it thank you so much NM! lol it was Microsoft Works word processor. It was kind of hidden lol. I have word pad and notepad, but didn't know there was more! lol Blonde moment :)