The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Boarding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/)
-   -   Elms Equestrian - only 10 livery spaces left! (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-boarding/elms-equestrian-only-10-livery-spaces-237730/)

Georgiahart 07-21-2013 09:32 AM

Elms Equestrian - only 10 livery spaces left!

Elms Equestrian is a beautiful yard under new management and is now taking liveries, and now has only around 10 stables left!

What you can expect from the yard and its staff/owners:

. Quality livery service
. Floodlit ménage
. Direct access to great hacking
. Year round turnout
. Wash down box
. Enclosed courtyard
. Grass jumping and dressage area
. A friendly environment
. Secure tack room and CCTV
. Owners live on site

Elms Equestrian is located in/at Berners Roding (a village in Essex), and is easy to get to via the A1060.

This yard has high quality facilities, characterful stables and an atmosphere to fall in love with!

If you are looking for a stunning yard where your horse comes first, reply to this post and I can get you in touch with the owners of Elms Equestrian. Thanks in advance!x

Dreamcatcher Arabians 07-21-2013 10:07 AM

That would be a manege, not a menage....sorry no accents on this keyboard.

Menage is not something normal folks do with a horse.......:shock:

Georgiahart 07-21-2013 10:48 AM

I've never heard of it being spelt that way (manège) but you're probably right, I was just typing it in and that's what my keyboard came up with haha, it still says what I mean :')

My2Geldings 07-21-2013 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgiahart (Post 3121706)
I've never heard of it being spelt that way (manège) but you're probably right, I was just typing it in and that's what my keyboard came up with haha, it still says what I mean :')

Manege is a french word which refers to a riding arena.

Georgiahart 07-21-2013 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 3124658)
Manege is a french word which refers to a riding arena.

Equitation - exercice dans le manège - YouTube

Thankyou! In England it's usually just called an arena anyway, sometimes a ménage, rather than manège.

Shropshirerosie 07-21-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Georgiahart (Post 3125282)
Thankyou! In England it's usually just called an arena anyway, sometimes a ménage, rather than manège.

It's always called a manège, and it's generally prounced 'menahge'. Never spell it ménage, that will always be wrong unless you are wanting to describe someone's domestic arrangements :lol:

Georgiahart 07-22-2013 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shropshirerosie (Post 3126954)
It's always called a manège, and it's generally prounced 'menahge'. Never spell it ménage, that will always be wrong unless you are wanting to describe someone's domestic arrangements :lol:

Okay I see why I was getting confused haha! Thankyou:D

elmsequestrian 11-05-2013 09:17 AM

I thought this was a horse forum not language school.

Georgia was just trying to let people know we have livery space.

OMG get a life.

Thanks for the thought Georgia

Speed Racer 11-05-2013 09:32 AM

Elms, you're showing complete unprofessionalism. Spelling does count, especially if you're trying to attract a discerning clientele. With your attitude and obvious disregard for professional appearance, good luck keeping boarders.

Georgia didn't have any trouble being corrected, so you coming in throwing around a tantrum was neither warranted nor necessary. I suggest you learn how to act from Georgia. She seems to be able to take gentle criticism with grace and humor.

Besides, this thread is from July. It was long dead and buried before you dug it up and decided to have a fit over it.

Golden Horse 11-05-2013 09:56 AM

Maybe someone thinks that any exposure is good exposure?