The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Talk (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/)
-   -   MN Horse Forum Riders (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-talk/mn-horse-forum-riders-23794/)

MN Tigerstripes 03-05-2009 10:17 AM

MN Horse Forum Riders

Hey Everyone!

I am just putting a feeler out to see who would be interested in Horse Forum riders trail ride for those of us located in MN (if you want to trailer from further you are more than welcome too! :-)). I was thinking late spring or early summer and around the Twin Cities. Otherwise maybe we could do a couple in different regions? Post up if you are interested (maybe I should've done this as a poll?) and hopefully we can get together for some fun! :D:D

mls 03-05-2009 10:20 AM

Heck - I plan to hit Sand Dunes before the end of March!:lol:

MN Tigerstripes 03-05-2009 10:25 AM

Fun! I need to find a trailer, my dad just got a truck that I can use for pulling, but need a bumper pull. I'm getting all excited for the riding season! Soda's probably gonna be a barn sour nut :lol:, but I'm looking forward to it!

Moxie 03-05-2009 11:07 AM

YAY! Another MN'er!

I wish I had a horse to go trail riding with this summer. Im a little south of the twin cities tho.

MN Tigerstripes 03-10-2009 05:52 PM

If I had an extra you could ride, but the only one I have is an old mare who is only good for walking... I just need a trailer, hopefully I can work it out though, I called a guy this week about a used two horse bumper pull.

Moxie 03-10-2009 06:01 PM

Thats awesome!

Angel_Leaguer 03-11-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 264477)
Heck - I plan to hit Sand Dunes before the end of March!:lol:

where are those at? I havent done any trail riding around the cities yet (just working on being here almost 2 years) nor with April... but it would be great for her if the other riders could put up with some possible "OMG WHAT IS THAT" from her....lol. I dont think she would be bad if around other horses though.

mls 03-11-2009 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Leaguer (Post 268062)
where are those at? I havent done any trail riding around the cities yet (just working on being here almost 2 years) nor with April... but it would be great for her if the other riders could put up with some possible "OMG WHAT IS THAT" from her....lol. I dont think she would be bad if around other horses though.

State Forests: Sand Dunes: Minnesota DNR: Minnesota DNR

We typically go up 169 to Zimmerman to the day camping site.

And stop at Dairy Queen on the way home . . .

Angel_Leaguer 03-11-2009 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mls (Post 268110)
State Forests: Sand Dunes: Minnesota DNR: Minnesota DNR

We typically go up 169 to Zimmerman to the day camping site.

And stop at Dairy Queen on the way home . . .

Neat... My horse is near Oak Grove so that isnt too far off. Do you get a yearly pass to ride on the trails?

mls 03-12-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angel_Leaguer (Post 268345)
Neat... My horse is near Oak Grove so that isnt too far off. Do you get a yearly pass to ride on the trails?

There is an annual trail pass that you should purchase to ride any of the state trails. Sand Dunes does not have a ranger station though. You can use the link I provided earlier to order on-line. I usually get mine when we go to Forestville, Wild River or St Croix. Which ever park we hit first in the season.