The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   New to Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/)
-   -   New here, but not to horses (http://www.horseforum.com/new-horses/new-here-but-not-horses-238665/)

Muriel 07-22-2013 04:30 PM

New here, but not to horses

Hi everyone. I am new here but not to horses. I grew up with horses and enjoyed them while growing up. When I became an adult and started a family I no longer had time to ride. I also have had several bad car accidents which have left me with a bad back. My dr and physical therapist have both encouraged me to get back into riding. I looked at a gaited horse and will be bringing one home on Thursday. I already started lessons to relearn and to make sure I do "it" right.

I am soo excited. I never thought this was possible for me to ride again. Here is a little about my horse: 17 year old gelding, double registered with KMHA and NASFHA. He has been trained and used as a Parilli training horse for several years. He is sweet and very responsive.

I know I will be asking lots of questions, please have patience with me. :D:D:D:D

QtrBel 07-22-2013 06:12 PM

Welcome. Sounds like you found a winner.

JCnGrace 07-23-2013 01:22 AM

Hello, may you and your new horse enjoy many rides together.

lbroo28 07-25-2013 06:01 AM

Let us know how it goes! Happy horsing!

cowgirllinda1952 07-25-2013 08:53 PM

Hello, and welcome. I am also disabled, I always had horses when I was growing up, I haven't been able to ride in 10-15 years, and have been getting increasingly intrested and missing it so much. I had a very thin sorrel QH grade mare given to me, but she's going to take a lot of TLC before I can even think of riding her.

I went to visit my middle daughter last week, who has 2 new horses and wwe groomed, bathed, cleaned feet, did horsey chores everyday, and I returned home feeling so much better than when I left. My doctor says he knows I can ride again someday. Are TWH supposed to be easier to ride? I'm just a QH person myself.