The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Nylon Bridle.. How do I connect the bit? (

Jump4heaven 03-08-2009 09:51 AM

Nylon Bridle.. How do I connect the bit?
The english and western leather bridles have straps and buckles to connect the bit on the bridle.. But my nylon bridle uses something else. :?
Does anyone know what I'm talking about or how to secure my bridle to my bit?

Vidaloco 03-08-2009 09:57 AM

Does it have a screw type brad? Just unscrew that and attach the bit like any other. It should have a screw head on one side and be smooth on the other.

Dumas'_Grrrl 03-08-2009 11:57 AM

5 Attachment(s)
OK, I took some pictures of my Nylon Bridle. Hopefully these will help.
I didn't number the pictures, but I took them step by step.

Holler if you need more help.

The bit is a western curb bit so you're seeing the the curb strap in the pictures too.

The bit is on the left, and the bridle is laying to the right... Just make sure that the point is facing away from the cheek of the horse when finished.

What you can't see because my bridle is black is the holes that are every so far apart on the bridle, I hooked it on the first hole so you could see easily how to do it, though if you were to pull the end of the headstall piece further through you could put it on what ever hole needed to get the sizing right.


Attachment 4847

Attachment 4848

Attachment 4849

Attachment 4850

Attachment 4851

Skippy! 03-08-2009 12:53 PM

Dumas: Thanks for posting that! I had a feeling that was the connector she was using and I was about to do a picture tutorial on how to connect it. It would have been too hard for me to explain, lol.

Very helpful little tutorial ya got there! =)

Dumas'_Grrrl 03-09-2009 03:44 PM

Thanks Skippy, I wasn't sure I could explain it with words so I just grabbed the bridle and a camera!!! :lol:

morganshow11 03-09-2009 08:20 PM

My Nylon bridle just has little clips that I clip on yo the bit, and...vwa la!

Vidaloco 03-10-2009 02:19 PM

I didn't know they put those on nylon :shock: I have some on a leather bridle and its a real bugger to get adjusted till the leather softens up.

Jump4heaven 03-10-2009 06:45 PM

Thanks so much!

Dumas'_Grrrl 03-12-2009 09:21 AM

You're welcome... Was that the connector you had??

iridehorses 03-12-2009 05:26 PM

That's called a Conway Buckle and it's common with nylon bridles and even leather English ones - not so common on Western.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome