The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Is there a fix for tired muscles (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/there-fix-tired-muscles-239674/)

Saddlebag 07-23-2013 10:42 PM

Is there a fix for tired muscles

The weather has finally been good for outside work, not too hot and breezy. So, what do I do, but try to catch up on everything in one day. Big stall cleaned and hauled away. Lots of weed wacking, pulling garden weeds, washed the truck, more weed wacking. By supper time I could hardly move. Aha, a hot tubby otta do it. Yeah right. it felt so good but it seems my get up and go got up and went. I need my strength as I'm facing another day like today only maybe painting.

smrobs 07-23-2013 10:47 PM

LOL, if you find out the secret, let me know. I've been building fence in the scorching heat for the last 2 weeks and I still end every night and get up every morning exhausted. I know a big part of it is because I'm out of shape, but still.

I've just been sort of muscling my way on through in spite of barely being able to lift my arms or carry anything.

tempest 07-23-2013 10:48 PM

The only way to fix tired muscles is to rest them and not overexert them. If you overexert them you are more likely to injure them. Drinking lots of water will help your muscles recovery more overnight but it will not stop them from being tired the next day or getting tired. Eating a lot of protein and taking antioxidants, such as Vitamin A, will also help them recover but it's not going to prevent tiredness or be a quick fix.

waresbear 07-23-2013 11:01 PM

Hot tub works but only 15 minutes max, then 15 minutes out, annoying, but works.

SouthernTrails 07-24-2013 12:05 AM

Quote:

For generations, Absorbine Jr.'s complete line of pain relief products has provided fast, effective relief for hard-working muscles and joints.
Absorbine Jr. - Fast Absorbing For Rapid Relief

LovesMyDunnBoy 07-24-2013 01:29 AM

Epsom salt soak maybe, I know it helped my feet when I started my first job. (10 hours on my feet constantly!)
Posted via Mobile Device

My2Geldings 07-24-2013 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saddlebag (Post 3146762)
The weather has finally been good for outside work, not too hot and breezy. So, what do I do, but try to catch up on everything in one day. Big stall cleaned and hauled away. Lots of weed wacking, pulling garden weeds, washed the truck, more weed wacking. By supper time I could hardly move. Aha, a hot tubby otta do it. Yeah right. it felt so good but it seems my get up and go got up and went. I need my strength as I'm facing another day like today only maybe painting.

Waw! what I want to know is what you had for breakfast to get all that done! :lol: if I were to take some great pain killers then it hides fatigue and I swear I become energizer bunny, otherwise forget it! I couldnt have done half of what you did!!

JulieG 07-24-2013 02:51 AM

I usually do the epson salt soak and sometimes use a cold gel rub right before I go to bed.

There is a company called Lush that makes a nice bath ball that is GREAT for sore muscles. It's all natural and called Geo-Phyzz - Geo Phyzz Bath Bomb | Bath Bombs | LUSH Cosmetics

Saddlebag 07-24-2013 05:00 PM

Thanks for the tips. Barely got started this morning when it started to rain. That's the ways it's been all summer except for yesterday. It's raining as I type. And a thunderstorm system is headed this way for early this evening. Oh yeah!

PaintHorseMares 07-24-2013 07:05 PM

A Marine's best friend, ibuprofen, aka grunt candy.
Posted via Mobile Device