The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Trail Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/)
-   -   Who got to ride today? (http://www.horseforum.com/trail-riding/who-got-ride-today-23985/)

Amymcree 03-08-2009 09:44 PM

Who got to ride today?

I know the east coast is having some crazy weather. My dad lives in Virginia and they went from 15 degrees and snow to 90 degrees today.

Did anyone get to ride today? I got to go on a nice trail ride for the first time with my mare since I brought her home. My neighbor and I rode up into the foothills and she showed me some of the trails in our area. We even got to do water! :D For her first time out with a strange horse and new home, she was awesome. I am so thrilled.

Amy

Walkamile 03-08-2009 09:56 PM

Sadly no. The temps were great for it, just no time today. Still A LOT of snow and now icy patches , so I'm conditioning tack to be READY!

wanderlust 03-08-2009 10:11 PM

I rode today! It was 65 degrees.

LeahKathleen 03-08-2009 11:03 PM

I rode today with my boyfriend! We had a wonderful time. We just built a new barn in January and we finally scoped out the area on horseback. We had a super good time, the horses were both in fabulous moods, and it was just an all around good ride. :]

FGRanch 03-08-2009 11:28 PM

I haven't been able to ride since Jan. I don't really have a broke horse at the moment so I have to take my very green mare (three rides) up to the arena a couple miles away and the roads have been pretty bad out here and it's been very cold. But I do get to see my horses every day! :D

orangetictac 03-08-2009 11:32 PM

I rode today! :D Three friends and I hauled our horses to the state park about a half hour away and got in a wonderful 3.5-4 hour ride! It was warm (almost hot, but not unbearable). The only thing I could have hoped for to make it better would have been a light rain over night to keep all the dust on the sand trails down, but it wasn't too bad. Very nice ride!

horsey*kisses 03-09-2009 12:51 PM

nope not me sadly i had way to much to do this weekend i got in a little bareback but it didnt really count cuz i fell asleep on his back lol and was late for a meeting <.< next weekend though im not doing anything and i am going to saddle and ride!!! im so excited so ive got to get the tack out and dust it off lol

MLK11 03-09-2009 09:24 PM

I rode in a lesson on Saturday. The weather was beautiful all weekend, around 50, but then today we got at least 6" of snow!

I just want spring already! :-(

Painted Horse 03-09-2009 10:55 PM

I did a 9 mile loop on saturday with a friend and his daughter and couple of her high school friends. I was glad to get some butts in my empty saddles. My daughters have been so busy with Winter Drumline, No time to join me for a ride. Horses were all frisky and ready to go. Beautiful day saturday. nasty cold snowy blizzard today. We got a few inches, Folks 30 miles up the road got 24" of snow today. Gotta love Spring in Utah.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p...e/2009/006.jpg

brookelovesparelli 03-09-2009 11:18 PM

im going to ride after school the sarvo. i live in Australia (its hot here right now) :) lol