The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Protection (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/)
-   -   horse shoes? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-protection/horse-shoes-241/)

barnrat 01-06-2007 12:04 AM

horse shoes?

When I say horse shoes I dont mean the shoes you nail to your horses feet I mean that My friend who is very much of a Horse Enthusiast went to school and saw that her friend had these new shoes from New York, My friend commented on them saying they were really cute and she liked how they were almost furry...When her friend said, oh really? its horse hair...

My friend Freaked out and then to make it worse the girl said, oh dont worry, they only used a baby horse..

DID THE GIRL JUST NOT RELIZE WHAT SHE WAS SAYING!

Skippy! 01-06-2007 02:43 AM

When your friend said the comment about the Baby Horse, are you sure she wasn't trying to be sarcastic?

I would believe them making shoes.. or some sort of clothing/suede stuff out of horse skin over-seas, where slaughter is legal (since i believe "skin" is just waste to them) But in America? Tsk.. =/

Eh.. the things people do to animals. Poor horses =/

barnrat 01-06-2007 12:50 PM

The friend was not being sarcastic at all and to add to that evidently the next day she wore dog shoes...From NY, (may have been made out of America....)

bubba13 01-06-2007 01:10 PM

You know all those horsehair tassels/keychains/bracelets etc. that are made out of braided mane and tail hair? Where do you think the hair came from. Sure not from happy horses--from the slaughterhouses. Same with those tail extensions used in some events.

barnrat 01-06-2007 03:41 PM

Its all cruelty.

(I made my own bracelet.....Just cut a small amount out of my horses tail.... :wink: )

:cry: I could not wear it though cuz it gave me hives, I have a minor allergy to horses, Its pretty much gone though, but the bracelet just did not work for me...... :cry:

Skippy! 01-06-2007 06:22 PM

Quote:

Same with those tail extensions used in some events.
Are you sure that those tails come from slaughter horses? I knew of quite a few farms in Los Angeles that purchased non-registered or registered horses that they used as broodmares, or lesson horses, or even pasture pals, but they would keep pristine care of the tail, then cut most of it and sell it to companies who would further clean it and sell it as tail "wigs".

The condition of the hair, and the length of the hair on slaughter horses tails is very poor from the malnutrition. It is brittle and difficult to work with, and also chewed off, or sparse.

That has been my experience though ^^

Wow barnrat.. shoes made from a dog? That's sick. I want to know why people feel the need to slaughter cats, dogs, and horses when we already have VERY good meat sources in Cattle, Swine, and Poultry. We don't need to expand our palette.. what we eat now works fine anyways o_o; (im not a vegetarian, i hope that doesnt offend, lol)

Ugh.. anything for "fashion" though... >____>;; what ever happened to wearing clothes because they like.. hid your naked-ness and kept you warm? Why do we need to skin animals.. mind you, very useful animals, when we have perfectly fine cotton.. *grumps*

anni257 01-06-2007 06:43 PM

sparky 01-07-2007 06:16 AM

WHAT!!!!! its still legal in germany!!!!! Hmm...i don't like your system :cry:

sparky 01-07-2007 06:17 AM

no offence meant towards you at all anni. :)

anni257 01-07-2007 11:08 AM