The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   What is the strangest pet you have owned? (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/what-strangest-pet-you-have-owned-24108/)

MightTellYou 03-10-2009 10:06 PM

What is the strangest pet you have owned?

The title says it all. I am curious to see what strange creatures the people on this board have kept. I used to have pet mice. They were the cutest little friendly things. I miss them.

Jenna 03-11-2009 04:27 AM

I used to have a pair of rats. They were hand reared, and so tame they would come to call and enjoyed sitting on the sofa with me watching TV.

The strangest pet I ever had, I think, was Murphy my tarantula.

Lucara 03-11-2009 08:38 AM

Strangest pets would probably be the 50 tarantulas I had at one point. I've also had rats, iguanas and hermit crabs but they arn't quite as strange.

english_rider144 03-11-2009 11:27 AM

idk if this is strange but to most people having a pig in your house who sits on the sofa and gets stuff after we were done eating dinner would be odd to most.. I had a pot bellied pig when I was younger.

Spastic_Dove 03-11-2009 11:44 AM

I had a squirrel once.
50 tarantulas? I just died inside a little.

NicoleS11 03-11-2009 12:02 PM

i have 4 peacocks....i love them. They dont do much but walk around but there beautiful! i used to have a ferrit but i guess thats not that strange anymore..

manhirwen 03-11-2009 12:38 PM

OMG I have had so many pets...
here's a list of my exotics:
Peacocks
Hedgehogs
chipmunks
Degus
brazilian rainbow boa (still have her)
ball python (still have him too)
leopard geckos (got those)
crested geckos
panther geckos
water dragons...(basically a LOT of reptiles)
parrots
rock crabs (the kind you find in the ocean)...
rats (still got a pair)
Mantis

The list goes on but those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

which one is most exotic or strange I Don't know... take your pic I guess...

Spastic_Dove 03-11-2009 02:55 PM

I had a mantis once, but someone told me that was illegeal. So I let him free. (I only had him for like a week)
I forgot about my snakes. Those are fun. My boyfriend is terrified of them though. So no snakes anymore :(

I have always wanted a hedgehog or a ferret though

Lucara 03-11-2009 06:33 PM

Oh yeah! I had a squirrel once as well. It fell out of a tree after one of our hurricanes. Itsy bitsy lil thing when I found him =(

wanderlust 03-11-2009 07:07 PM

i am getting a hedgehog in a few weeks, once they are old enough. I have had a tarantula, and in my house we have tons of reptiles. And, it is not an odd pet, but i have a pretty rare purebred cat. A siberian.