The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Draft Horses (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/)
-   -   pics just because i can lol (http://www.horseforum.com/draft-horses/pics-just-because-i-can-lol-24129/)

belgianlover 03-11-2009 10:08 AM

pics just because i can lol

9 Attachment(s)
I just wanted to share some more pics of ben. For this ride my sister was here, she lives pretty far away so this was a treat for her as well. But as usual he saddled up really good and he is doing so much better on the move cue. Her dogs were theres as well and they hardley left her side, i was supprised that ben didnt even care about them lol. We also decided to see how he would do with two people up there and to my supprise he didnt seem to care. Boy were we nervous lol. This was the first time ever for two ridders to be on him and he took it like a pro. Im so pleased with him, we have yet to find a spookey spot on him. That day we even got him into a trot but just for a few seconds, just to try it out, i dont want to do troting yet untill he has mastered the walk and basic riding cues first. One step at a time, im hoping on working with fancy this week with a saddle a bit, not getting on just getting a saddle on her. I dont want to get on her till shes closer to three maybe.
Attachment 4935

Attachment 4936

Attachment 4937

Attachment 4938

Attachment 4939

Attachment 4940

Attachment 4941

Attachment 4943

Attachment 4944

Curly_Horse_CMT 03-11-2009 01:42 PM

Awww, he looks really good :D He is a big boy though....:shock: Gentle giant heeh

smrobs 03-11-2009 05:36 PM

Aw, I am so glad that you are doing well with him. How was his trot? Was it rough or okay? He is a great big sweetie. Love your pix.

appy rider 4 life 03-11-2009 07:08 PM

That is too cute.

belgianlover 03-13-2009 09:47 AM

Personally i havnt got him into a trot, i dont like the saddle and its really hard and i just dont feel that safe in it so i am afraid to try it, but two of my friends have done it and even loped him a bit and they say he's really smoth and i can tell. One thing i did notice with him is when hes in a trot his front right hoof comes forward really straight but his left swings out them forward, so im a bit confused on that. What would you think?

smrobs 03-13-2009 06:35 PM

He may be a tad pigeon toed on the left and that foot paddles out. I don't think it is anything to worry about, my Mustang does the same with both feet. :)

XxXequinegrlXxX 03-13-2009 07:33 PM

omg! he's hugeee ... hehe he looks like a sweetie

orchid park 03-14-2009 12:22 AM

What a big boy ... and you realise how big is when you see your mounting block LOL.

Meliorn1218 03-15-2009 03:54 PM

I think Ben is just gorgeous! I especially love is face. :-) I have been lurking here for a couple of months now and I have been following your story with Ben. It is so wonderful that you have been reunited with what appears to be your horse soul mate.

I just got my first draft cross in January and I have to say I am in love! She was originally going to be a "husband horse," but since she has been home, that has changed. :lol:

Brighteyes 03-15-2009 04:00 PM

What a cutie! I love big horses. What breed is he?:D