The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Conformation Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/)
-   -   Shire Appaloosa X (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-conformation-critique/shire-appaloosa-x-241674/)

horsecrazed09 07-26-2013 04:07 PM

Shire Appaloosa X

5 Attachment(s)
Ok so I'm nervous on what kind of critiques i will get on her. She is a coming 3 year old and am posting pics from the last few months she has been growing like a weed so please keep that in mind.

December
Attachment 239322

March
Attachment 239330

May
Attachment 239338

June
Attachment 239346

July
Attachment 239354

hemms 07-27-2013 01:06 AM

Interesting... I'd love to see how she matures out. I have a full-blooded 3 YO Shire in my pasture and it's been interesting to note his growth and compare it to my Gotland. They're 1 week apart.

I see some resemblances. That Shire blood definitely puts a subtle structural stamp on them.
Posted via Mobile Device

stevenson 07-27-2013 01:50 AM

cute, kinda short for a shire x . she will still grow and change being part draft. 3 is still young on them.

CandyCanes 07-27-2013 06:24 AM

Her hind ends a little weak, and I see a possible ewe neck, though I can't be sure.
I was expecting something much different!
As in a shire horse with spots XD!

horsecrazed09 07-27-2013 06:25 AM

She is incredibly short for a draft cross only 14hh I exspect her to make 16hh by 6 compareing her to her full and half sisters
Posted via Mobile Device

Elana 07-27-2013 06:41 AM

My first thought is are you SURE there is shire in there?

She has a good hind leg, well placed hocks and knees with slightly light bone. She is tied in at the knee. Her shoulder is correct and her neck placement is correct. She is currently level. Her prominent withers will make saddle fit a challenge. She has a solid hind quarter that ties into a well placed gaskin. She is currently a little long through the coupling and she stands over a lot of ground.

I see Thoroughbred and Quarterhorse and very little draft in this horse. The only concerning thing about her conformation is the high withers and the tie at the knee.

It also looks like whoever is trimming her feet should be replaced. She has incorrectly trimmed feet behind.. with a low slung heel that makes her hinds nearly slipper footed putting a lot of stress on her hocks which are a bit light. Her fronts seem similar (most recent photo).

horsecrazed09 07-27-2013 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elana (Post 3177985)
My first thought is are you SURE there is shire in there?

She has a good hind leg, well placed hocks and knees with slightly light bone. She is tied in at the knee. Her shoulder is correct and her neck placement is correct. She is currently level. Her prominent withers will make saddle fit a challenge. She has a solid hind quarter that ties into a well placed gaskin. She is currently a little long through the coupling and she stands over a lot of ground.

I see Thoroughbred and Quarterhorse and very little draft in this horse. The only concerning thing about her conformation is the high withers and the tie at the knee.

It also looks like whoever is trimming her feet should be replaced. She has incorrectly trimmed feet behind.. with a low slung heel that makes her hinds nearly slipper footed putting a lot of stress on her hocks which are a bit light. Her fronts seem similar (most recent photo).

Thanks for your reply! I am positive that she is a shire cross tho no she doesn't show it much. I've been looking into a new farrier as well thanks for the heads up
Posted via Mobile Device

My2Geldings 07-28-2013 11:09 AM

IMO that horse does not look shire or apply cross to me. You see the parents when you bought the horse?

horsecrazed09 07-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by My2Geldings (Post 3186329)
IMO that horse does not look shire or apply cross to me. You see the parents when you bought the horse?

I have the breeding report and I got her from a close friend. Frankly I'm not looking to prove what she is to anyone just looking for confirmation critiques. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

Fahntasia 07-28-2013 05:32 PM

Appaloosa's are often crossed with TB and QH, too much appy x appy = too pink skin, so im not surprised you guys see the QH in her horse.

She's a pretty horse, still young, my mare looked like a baby at 3, I see a long back in pic 3 & 4, but the other pics look fine, do you have better confo shots of her? Good luck, she's cute =)