The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   What are the best horse boots to use for eventing? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/what-best-horse-boots-use-eventing-241738/)

AJeventer 07-26-2013 05:35 PM

What are the best horse boots to use for eventing?

Hey everyone!
I am new to the forum but I was wondering if you all could give me some good advice. As I said in the title I am looking for the best horse boots to use in eventing. I would prefer the price to be pretty cheap but if the boots are really good I would be willing to pay the price. If there are not any really good boots I also wanted to know if there are any good brands that most eventers use. Thank you so much for your help!:-)

joseeandjade11 07-26-2013 06:38 PM

i believe the most popular boots for horses are the classic equine legacy boots and the professional choice ventech elite boots. I have the classic equine legacy boots and my friends around me all have the pro choice ventech elite so it all depends. To me their both great quality boots :)

jumanji321 07-27-2013 07:53 PM

In eventing, you usually use splint or open-front boots. For some reason Woof boots comes to mind. I've heard a lot of people recommend them.

unclearthur 07-28-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jumanji321 (Post 3182177)
In eventing, you usually use splint or open-front boots. For some reason Woof boots comes to mind. I've heard a lot of people recommend them.

I wouldn't use open-front boots across country because there's little shin protection. Fine for the showjumping phase, though.

Woof boots are a good allround option and pretty economical. Plus they seem to last well and their double-Velcro versions rarely seem to come undone.

If you're using overreach boots I'd avoid the pull-on bell boot type unless its one of the thinner ribbed versions. The heavyweight race bell boots are thick and offer great protection but I had a horse stand on one once and it didn't tear so tripped him up. Fortunately he was clever enough on his feet not to fall but I always used the petal type after that - noisy but safer :D

annaliese 07-28-2013 02:08 PM

I am getting new Davis splint boots to use for eventing, they have pretty good reviews, and they are a pretty reasonable price.

NaeNae87 07-29-2013 03:25 AM

5 Attachment(s)
I use Roma boots.

I have open front/tendon boots on the fronts and fetlock boots on the back for showjumping. The offer protection from knocks but allow my horse to feel the poles if he knocks them.

Open front
Attachment 241218
Fetlock
Attachment 241210

I use Roma Cross Country boots for Cross Country. They have a strike guard in the front of the boot to protect legs from hitting solid jumps and offer protection from knocks the rest of the way around the leg. I use Over Reach Boots for Cross Country too.

Fronts
Attachment 241226
Hinds
Attachment 241234
Over Reach
Attachment 241202

They are good quality and not too pricey.

Equistar202 07-29-2013 02:26 PM

I really like these boots because they give the "all-around" protection needed when eventing.

Horze ProSoft Protective Front Boots | Horze Protection Boots