The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   WANTED: Web design. (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/wanted-web-design-24206/)

chelssss(: 03-12-2009 09:54 PM

WANTED: Web design.

Im not sure where this would go,
but me and my trainer are wanting a website done of our farm and we were going to ask around to see who makes nice, decent priced ones?

so i thought id ask here!
if you know anyone, or if you do them, could you PM or email me info, and maybe examples? please!
cdheindel@gmail.com

thanks!

kathryn 03-12-2009 09:58 PM

I've never made a website before but I am in AP Programming with lots of experience with HTML and such. I could give it a try.

chelssss(: 03-12-2009 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathryn (Post 268988)
I've never made a website before but I am in AP Programming with lots of experience with HTML and such. I could give it a try.

could you email me? if you have examples?
cdheindel@gmail.com

LeahKathleen 03-13-2009 12:02 AM

My boyfriend has a masters degree in computer science. He makes really nice websites. They are very professional looking. If you're interested, PM me. :]

luvs2ride1979 03-13-2009 02:09 AM

I sent you an email ;-).

MirrorStage2009 03-15-2009 09:43 PM

Not sure what you're looking for exactly, but I use to design and maintain my own domain of sites. I prefer doing simple designs that will translate well in any browser, which is usually best for a biz. But I've done more artistc lay-outs, to completely tabled lay-outs to frames. Also I do simple hand coded HTML so it's customizable. I do it as a hobby, so it would be very inexpensive. I'm actually doing a lay-out for a forum member at the moment. :D

Here's a design I did for my Friesian's personal page. (Designed in/for 1280 x 1024 -- best viewed setting)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n...ce/example.gif

This is a older lay-out I did for my sister's FL, utilizing multiple text columns. It was designed in/for browser settings 800 X 600 (so any higher the resolution's not great).

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/n.../example-1.jpg
**WARRIOR SPIRIT*** celebrity athlete LEE HAN GARL fan shrine

I wish I had more examples to give yah. I lost all my old designs when my compy crashed. Now, there's only a few on my sister's lap top. Bleh. :?

luvs2ride1979 03-16-2009 01:11 PM

Just an FYI, using pictures instead of real text is bad for search engine optimization, which is important for a business on the web. It takes a lot more work to keep a no-text page in search results than one with text that the web crawlers can "read." Web crawlers or spiders are programs that travel from page to page and site to site gathering web sites and information for search engines. They look at code, meta tags, and page text. The more you have for them to look at, the better ;-).

JustDressageIt 03-16-2009 03:18 PM

Ewww I have spiders on my computer??

*gets can of Raid and hides behind monitor*

luvs2ride1979 03-16-2009 08:06 PM

lol, well, only if you host a web site on your computer. They do crawl all over the web though, searching for tasty web pages ;).

MirrorStage2009 03-16-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979 (Post 271054)
Just an FYI, using pictures instead of real text is bad for search engine optimization, which is important for a business on the web. It takes a lot more work to keep a no-text page in search results than one with text that the web crawlers can "read." Web crawlers or spiders are programs that travel from page to page and site to site gathering web sites and information for search engines. They look at code, meta tags, and page text. The more you have for them to look at, the better ;-).

Dunno if you were addressing myself, but I never have and never will do a website that is almost completely constructed of images...that does not translate well in all browsers! *cough cough*dial-up*cough* :shock: If you look at my examples, the background (lay-out) is the only images, besides photos added in amidst the text. The content is all hand written text. I do use meta tags in the head for the lil' robots. :wink: I hand code the pages with pretty basic html. I do think a image lay-out is crucial for a buisness like horses, but not much at all for any other sort of biz that is selling a product or service.

But horses are pretty visual! I think a bit of online visual merchandising is a good thing! :D