The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   critique please....pic heavy (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/critique-please-pic-heavy-24214/)

ilovelucy 03-12-2009 11:40 PM

critique please....pic heavy

5 Attachment(s)
I only have a few pics but I was hoping if someone could tell me if she (the horse) had a potential for hunters...and any critique on my riding would also be helpful.....:-)

wild_spot 03-13-2009 12:06 AM

Hunters is jumping, yes? Hard to tell from pictures on the flat. However, she is a very cute horse, and could be quite fancy when shedded out and done up for a show. She looks lovely where she has rounded up for you.

One pointer.... Tip that upper body back!!! You are leaning way forward, especially in one of those canter photos. You need to sit up as straight as you can and plant that butt in the saddle :)

Apart from that, you have a really nice position. Your leg looks really good considering your upper body, your hands look soft and supple, and you are looking up between your horses ears.

ilovelucy 03-13-2009 08:44 AM

yep but we are only going to do walk/trot/canter until she has some more experience (she just started jumping like a month ago) thanks :smile: lol she is quite the fuzzy bear right now.

Thanks! I will try that!

Thats a relief...I always worry I yank on her mouth.

Equuestriaan 03-13-2009 12:13 PM

You are leaning pretty far forward and in the first few pics, you could take up a little more rein. You should be able to feel your horses mouth, and s/he should be "on the aids." You should have the feeling that at any moment you could ask for a canter, halt, or anything. Your leg looks really good and your heel is right where it should be!

ilovelucy 03-13-2009 03:18 PM

awesome thanks! I will try that.

reining girl 03-13-2009 03:23 PM

Cute looking mare. I could see it lol. But im a western girl so im not much help.

ilovelucy 03-13-2009 03:29 PM

lol thanks ^.^ .......and I don't know anything about western so I think that makes us even :)

eventerdrew 03-15-2009 03:59 PM

just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason you are not putting a noseband on your bridle? for being a hunter thats a very western style bridle

just curious!

ilovelucy 03-15-2009 07:19 PM

I was trying out a new bit and I didn't want to take it off the bridle so I used the bridle but the cavesson didn't fit so I just took it off :smile: (the bridle I use has one)

ilovelucy 03-15-2009 07:24 PM

Oh and I was just reminded wild spot that the canter pic that I was leaning really forward in was right after a jump and I had kind of landed funny ^.^