The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   General Off Topic Discussion (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/)
-   -   Hopefully adopting a puppy tomorrow! (http://www.horseforum.com/general-off-topic-discussion/hopefully-adopting-puppy-tomorrow-242649/)

Wildfire89 07-28-2013 01:41 AM

Hopefully adopting a puppy tomorrow!

So tomorrow I am moving to a 31 acre farm and I have been looking for an outdoor dog to keep me company while I do farm chores. Without having a dog picked out, I bought and set up a huge kennel (the biggest they make) and bought dog food. After getting home I found a dog on Craigslist that fits 99% of the things I was looking for. She is a lab (mix) which is the breed I was looking for. She is good with kids and other pets. She was abandoned and was found on the streets, therefore needing a new home as opposed to people who just want to make money off a dog.
The only thing that doesn't fit was that I was wanting an adult because they are the least likely to be adopted. But this feels right. I had inquired about other dogs but haven't heard back, maybe it's because I am meant to get this pup.
I do have a name picked out, but I am keeping that a secret until I have a dog to go with it.
Hopefully I will have "welcome home!" pics tomorrow!!!

Chokolate 07-28-2013 04:06 AM

Ooooh, how exciting! Hope it all works out!

Cacowgirl 07-28-2013 09:12 AM

Fingers crossed for you & the dog!

Wild Heart 07-28-2013 07:58 PM

Exciting! Let us know how it all goes.
Labs are great dogs. :)

Skyseternalangel 07-29-2013 03:23 AM

Excited for updates!

Wildfire89 07-30-2013 09:05 AM

Well, I told the person that I was going to be picking up the puppy on Sunday, and she said I could after church was over for her. I gave her my number and told her to call me when I could pick up the puppy then I went out and bought even more supplies. Well I waited and waited and never got a call. No email either (I sent an email asking if I could pick up the puppy yet and I didn't get a reply). I know she wanted the puppy gone on Sunday but dang, I told her that I was going to be picking her up! :(
Back to searching, I guess...

Skyseternalangel 07-30-2013 04:34 PM

Did you call her back and ask what happened?