The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Equine Careers and Education (http://www.horseforum.com/equine-careers-education/)
-   -   Suitable equine jobs (http://www.horseforum.com/equine-careers-education/suitable-equine-jobs-242681/)

full of questions 07-28-2013 06:21 AM

Suitable equine jobs

I really need help with equine jobs! I know I want to help abused horses, ideally using alternate methods and natural horsemanship. I've been looking into Equine Rehabilitation Therapy, but that's the only idea I have.
Can you help please? Equine jobs that help abused/mistreated horses?
Thanks

Kotori 07-28-2013 06:52 AM

Most of those kinds of places wouldn't pay much- I'd suggest getting a job helping 'normal' horses and volunteering your time. Most rescue places would only take people with prior experience anyway.

xlionesss 07-28-2013 07:47 AM

I would not suggest this being your only job. Like Kotori said, do this as volunteer work-but many will not take someone who has little to no experience.

alexischristina 08-01-2013 04:19 PM

Unfortunately there just aren't 'jobs' like that out there. There are places you can volunteer, but don't plan on making a career out of it. That said, if you're stuck on wanting to help mistreated animals why not try working your way up through the ranks of a different organization like the SPCA, etc. ?

Speed Racer 08-01-2013 04:26 PM

You won't make any money doing something like that. As the other ladies have said, volunteer at a legitimate rescue if you honestly want to make a difference.

Draft lover 08-02-2013 08:19 PM

Where do you live? There is a place here close to us who does this type of of work, and has employees. The pay? I couldn't tell you. I know them well since they use our clinic for their vet/farrier care. Here's a link to the site. 5W RANCH/Underwater Treadmill They are located in Ohatchee, Alabama. Donna is a WONDERFUL woman with a huge heart.

GaitedGirl625 08-08-2013 12:54 AM

be a vet or vet tech so then when you help with the abused horses you will have a background in vet care which can go a long way.