The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   For the Birds (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/birds-243417/)

Muriel 07-28-2013 11:14 PM

For the Birds

3 Attachment(s)
Hi all. So I have several passions. One of them is exotic birds. Here are a few of them with descriptions:

Kelly: he is a White Headed Amazon, wild caught, about mid thirty. He has diabeties and has two bad feet (one is in a clasped position all the time, so useless). I adopted him from a rescue where he had been for 2 years. The rescue didn't believe that he would last much longer as he is old and has diabeties.

Attachment 241097

In the above pictures he just got done with a carrot -- silly boy.

Below is Tucker, he is a Buffon Macaw and is just 2. He is a silly loud boy.

Attachment 241105

Next is Nirah. She is a Green Wing Macaw and is 3. She is also a rescue. In her last home she was stuck in a cage and ignored. Poor girl, she started to chew on her feathers, so she still looks a bit ragged.

Attachment 241113

I have more birds, these are just a few. And they are fun but not for the timid or without knowledge. :D:D

Drifting 07-29-2013 10:18 AM

Cute, Cute cute! I love the Buffons, and your Green Wing.

I have a 2 year old Blue and Gold Macaw and have been debating getting a Green Wing myself.

Love the net over the stair rail, and all those colorful toys!

Muriel 07-29-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drifting (Post 3195282)
Cute, Cute cute! I love the Buffons, and your Green Wing.

I have a 2 year old Blue and Gold Macaw and have been debating getting a Green Wing myself.

Love the net over the stair rail, and all those colorful toys!

The green wings are some of the sweetest birds. If you are serious about a green wing look at rescues first. They are so sweet and take lots of bad stuff without being a bad bird. The sweetest birds I have are my rescues. But I do have 4 others that are not rescues. Cag, caique, rb2 plus my Buffon. Don't have a b&g but the gw is as sweet

tinyliny 07-29-2013 11:10 PM

beautiful birds. I am glad you mention that they are not Birds 101 pets. They are challenging (and rewarding). We had a conure a long time ago , and he was challenging. Big parrots I admire, but I leave it to the experts to care for them.

Chokolate 08-05-2013 06:13 PM

Ooh, they're beautiful! I have two birds, Pepper and Cornelia (budgies). Cornelia isn't so much a rescue as an escapee - she was found, escaped from her old home, in the bush, and we took her in as a friend for Pepper.

Thankyou for rescuing them!