The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Other Pets (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/)
-   -   Confused (http://www.horseforum.com/other-pets/confused-24362/)

CrazyChester 03-15-2009 11:05 PM

Confused

I just walked outside a little while ago to check on my dogs, so I went out and walk around the house to find them. I found them in the garage, My smaller one sleeping at the door and my bigger one inside. The smaller one gets up barking at me, I told her to settle down and told her it was me but she kept going, and then my bigger one comes out [got scared then] I told them to back off but the bigger one is still going at me, I screamed :roll: and ran inside. Would anyone know the reason behind this? I have owned them both for quite a while.

happygoose123 03-17-2009 11:31 PM

did you have a towel over your head? LOL! Once when i went out side it was raining so i put a towel over my head, i had to go around the back and my dog was sleeping at the front. when i came back to the front my dog saw me, ran in the opposite direction around the house then the next thing i knew i heard a deep scary growl behind me! I turned around and my dog was all crouched down, husk up and teeth showing! It was soooo scary!!!!!! I took the towel off my head and said its alright to him and as soon as he saw it was me he started waging his tail! But OMG was i scared or what!!!!!
But if you didnt have anything coving your head, i dont know haha!

jemmamalone 03-17-2009 11:39 PM

how long have you owned them?
have they ever done anything like this before.
The chances are that cz the little one started it is why the bigger one followed suit,
but by any means that doesnt give you a reason to behave the way they did. It could be a number of reasons to the fact that they could of been having a bad dream and you spooked them. Or maybe you have a different smell.
Its hard to know without knowing how they reacted to you later etc and what is their history.
Where they abused before you owned them ?
I hope they are behaving better now.
And happygoose123 im sorry but i have to say that is one of the funniest things ive heard in a while. Sorry you got scared for a bit but if i was there i would of laughed lol.
Good luck

CrazyChester 03-18-2009 12:30 AM

I have owned the bigger one for almost 6 years now and the smaller one for around 2. We bought the big one from the pound as a puppy and the smaller one was given to us, so I dont know of there history. They havent done anything like this before. They have always behaved around me, never tried to bite, only when playing. This misbehaving is all new so we are all a little confused.

happygoose123 03-18-2009 06:44 AM

Quote:

............And happygoose123 im sorry but i have to say that is one of the funniest things ive heard in a while. Sorry you got scared for a bit but if i was there i would of laughed lol.
Good luck
LOL! it was scary at the time but i laugh at it now!!!! My dog is so silly!!! HAHA!!
Hope you find out why your dog did that, or at least i hope they dont do it again crazychester. Good luck!

jemmamalone 03-18-2009 11:04 PM

I'm not a dog trainer but i would just go on as normal and see if they do anything like that again and match up what you did the same both times. Someone probably has a much better answer but thats all i can think of doing... just be lucky your dog doesnt go crazy coz u have a towel over your head... haha still find it funny.