The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Moon (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/moon-24429/)

Draven 03-16-2009 10:08 PM

Moon

8 Attachment(s)
Ok I don't know exactly what I want to know about her just if you see anything wrong with her. Sorry if the pictures and video aren't good.....I'm just trying to see if anyone sees something I don't with her. I'm pretty new to owning horses, I have been around them a lot and leased horses in the past so there might be something I'm missing.

But this is moon she is 3 years old (just turned 3 February 27th). Shes 1/2 Friesian, 1/2 Appaloosa.

She'll mainly be used for pleasure with us.....we don't do showing, dressage, anything like that at all. at the most I would like to get her to jump but that would just be for pleasure as well.

Sorry its a lot of pictures and I don't know if they are even good to tell anything.

I didn't take this video, the owner did

RoosterDo 03-16-2009 10:50 PM

Im not good at critiquing but I love her color and she has a very sweet face.

wild_spot 03-16-2009 10:51 PM

She's cute!!!

Okay... She looks to have a fairly long back, but I don't find it to be a huge problem. Also looks a little weak in the loin area. There is something about her back legs that irks me... The curve from her rump to her hock looks to be very pronounced... But that could just be me :]

Other than that, I love her colour!! She looks to have nicely proportioned feet, which is a big peeve of mine. She looks fairly proportioned throughout, and I like how her neck ties in.

For what you want, I think she would be just fine!!

Solon 03-17-2009 10:33 PM

Looks uphill - I can't tell if that is just a bad picture angle. Long back. Beautiful legs and neck. Love the coloring.

girl_on_black_pony 03-18-2009 12:33 PM

To what is above, I'd like to add that her back toes turn out.

But she's good for what you want her for I think.

ShowJumpLife 03-19-2009 04:03 AM

i quite like her, looks allot lke my mates old horse.
pidegone toed in the back but other then that nothing thats going to matter for what you want to do.

LeahKathleen 03-19-2009 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by girl_on_black_pony (Post 272428)
To what is above, I'd like to add that her back toes turn out.

I can't tell if her toes turn out or if she's just standing very wide with her hind legs. The last two pictures look that way, but one of the earlier ones makes her look more square.

I think she'd do nicely for what you want her for, and I'm sure she'll look lovely under saddle. :]

Jenna 03-19-2009 04:49 AM

I think she's really sweet.

At 3, she's still got a lot of growing up to do anyway. I can't see her having any problems with what you want her to do.

Good luck!

morganshow11 03-19-2009 06:45 AM

She does not look like she is uphill; she looks like she is at a perfect angle. She is gorgeous!!!

Draven 03-19-2009 03:41 PM

Thank you everyone! I always miss little things when looking since I'm new to buying horses. I'm glad to hear theres not anything really wrong that you all see! She is for my husband and I can't wait for him to see her! He doesn't know about her yet!