The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Breeding (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/)
-   -   Stupid question to give you a laugh. (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-breeding/stupid-question-give-you-laugh-24447/)

nicoleayers701 03-17-2009 11:47 AM

Stupid question to give you a laugh.

I have a friend of mine that just bought 2 stud colts. I know everyone is going to laugh at this but I had to find out. She says that these colts get excited (if you know what I mean) everytime she comes out there. Has anyone ever heard of not being able to be around a stud while menstrating? I have googled it and found nothing...I just think she is insane! I have a 6 year old stud that does not do that. :-o

Skippy! 03-17-2009 11:50 AM

I think it all depends on the horses, lol! Admiral (may he rest in peace) used to love me. A lot. LOL! Dreamer and Joey however just enjoy me. They've never dropped around me other than when they use the bathroom. Admiral, however, would drop every time i handled him, or was around him. Sometimes it would even.. bounce o.o; (trying to not be immature/graphic).

And all 3 of those horses were geldings! :p

nicoleayers701 03-17-2009 12:00 PM

LOL, well thank you, I had not heard this and she is kind of loony anyways so I had to find out...

manhirwen 03-17-2009 12:24 PM

Wiski drops just about every time he smells a mare or is really relaxed... and strangely enough every time my dad is around him O.o (he's a gelding though)

close2prfct 03-17-2009 03:30 PM

Well I don't know from personal experience even though I own a 2yr old colt but maybe thats because I've been spayed ( ha ha) anyhow I have heard from a lot of horse breeders and trainers that a horse will or can become a bit excited at certain times of the month so to be careful. Even though I don't worry myself about it I do have 2 daughters so to be on the safe side they don't go around our boy during that time better to be safe than sorry I think after all if it isn't true it hurts no one, but if it is than someone could get hurt pretty bad if the horse gets too excited.

randiekay215 03-17-2009 04:32 PM

My gelding drops every time I handle him. Especially when I'm brushing him down! My boyfriend thinks its the funniest thing ever.....

peace love and paints 03-17-2009 07:02 PM

the stallion i used to have dropped everytime i came around and even followed me around. when breeding time came i would rub him all over then he'd work the courage up to a mare. lol. he didn't really act any diffrent during time of the month times.

wild_spot 03-17-2009 08:21 PM

There is a colt out where my horses are, and he would get um... excited whenever we would handle him. One day he even... uh... made a mess. Eep. lol.

peace love and paints 03-17-2009 08:23 PM

hahaha wild spot lol

wild_spot 03-17-2009 08:27 PM

Ha ha I didn't know how to put it! We were rolling around laughing when it happened... It was very awkward...