The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Western Pleasure (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/)
-   -   URGENT-show today! Pleasure vs Road hack? (http://www.horseforum.com/western-pleasure/urgent-show-today-pleasure-vs-road-245017/)

franknbeans 07-31-2013 08:06 AM

URGENT-show today! Pleasure vs Road hack?

Hi guys-we are going to a local local SMALL show today for fun.....going for the reining classes, but may ride in others too. This is an all western show, and I have never heard of "road hack" in western? What is the difference? Any idea?

Jake and Dai 07-31-2013 08:07 AM

I have no clue but have fun, good luck and post pictures afterwards please! :-)

franknbeans 07-31-2013 08:09 AM

Will try-I am not good at taking pics at shows.....I am also not used to not having to leave until noon.....lol

SouthernTrails 07-31-2013 08:14 AM

Found this somewhere:

Road Hack a class to show how agile and well trained your horse is. A almost the same as a normal class except you will be asked to do an extended canter and then halt abruptly and then let your horse walk off on a loose rein.

Other than these samples, I have no idea if that is what they are wanting at your show or not :)

franknbeans 07-31-2013 08:15 AM

Ok-thanks! That sounds good, since I sure don't have a daisy cutter pleasure horse!

franknbeans 07-31-2013 06:43 PM

As it turned out-the show was a total fail-over before we even got there-2 horses showed up. So, we were all dressed up-and went to ride with a good friend we hadn't seen in a while. Had fun for sure, but no show-at least now I know the difference!

waresbear 07-31-2013 06:50 PM

We don't have that here, I like that Road Hack western. However this to me looks like a horsemanship class, they ask for all those gaits in that class but it is judged on your riding not the horse's performance.