The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Tack and Equipment (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/)
-   -   Anyone know which saddle brand this is? "SBS" marking (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-tack-equipment/anyone-know-saddle-brand-sbs-marking-245858/)

MeryaTeeBars 08-01-2013 01:02 PM

Anyone know which saddle brand this is? "SBS" marking

I am trying to sell a saddle I bought a few years. It is a wonderful saddle, good quality thick leather with beautiful markings. I took it to a saddle shop a while back and was told it had a wooden tree. The only marking I can find on it is "SBS" with a small picture of what looks like a bucking bronc. Does anyone have any idea what brand this saddle could be? Or is it possible the "SBS" marking was just a custom marking placed by the owners before me?

MeryaTeeBars 08-01-2013 01:05 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures of the saddle.

Rawhide 08-01-2013 03:28 PM

I'am no expert just trying to help Ya, but that "might" be a Bona Allen saddle.
Did the bronc have a rider on it ? BA's saddles had rider on bronc . They also if my memorie serves me correctly made saddles for JC Higgins,Western Auto,Penneys, etc and would but slightly different type logo on -em. Sometimes with logo like riveted on I believe.
Another maker w-horse an rider is/was Seidel Saddlery however their rider was not on a bronc but a horse rearin back on its hinds like the Lone Rangers and Roy Rogers horses(names escape me) and cowboy had hat in hand over his head.
Another long shot would be the WYO Saddle comp but don't think or remember if their brand logo had a B/bronc.
Hope it helped .

Boone

MeryaTeeBars 08-01-2013 05:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The bronc does have a rider, I took a picture of the logo so everyone could get a better look.

Rawhide 08-02-2013 10:34 AM

After last pic don't know now cause the BA I'd seen made for JC Higgins, etc had a circle around bronc and rider and some said above in circle JC Higgins,etc.

Boone

BTW: Heres a good site to match saddle brand logos for a lot older(vintage) stuff. Vintage and Antique Saddlery and Gun Leather Company Histories and Maker Marks - www.vintagegunleather.com California