The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Dressage (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/)
-   -   Who here likes dressage? (http://www.horseforum.com/dressage/who-here-likes-dressage-24613/)

Iluvjunior 03-19-2009 08:56 PM

Who here likes dressage?

I'm not gonna say i don't like it cause i've only seen people ride it i don't get how ytou get the cues and what even some of the transitions are can someone explain?

Spyder 03-19-2009 09:20 PM

Nice to see a forum for the discussion of this discipline.

There are a few here that specialize a little more in dressage so this is a good thing.

Skippy! 03-19-2009 09:25 PM

Yay!! I already made a thread <3 i've been wanting to make it for a while, but i felt bad putting it in the English Riding forum.

I am Dressage through and through. Not for the fanciness, but for the deep level of communication and team work that horse and rider have. The subtlety of the cues, the quiet hands and legs, the level of complete fitness the horse has to be in to execute the higer level moves. LOVE IT!

Whenever I green break horses, I always put a little Dressage in them. As far as i am concerned, Dressage is the best way to get good Horsemanship skills on a horse's back (omg i made an opinion on something and i may get slayed for it!). I have always found myself teaching every horse i break to do shoulder in/out, leg yield, and all that jazz.

Im glad to see this forum! =)

TBsPlease 03-21-2009 02:33 PM

Ooooooo, me me me! I adore dressage.

Spastic_Dove 03-21-2009 02:43 PM

*Raises Hand*
I do! I'm hardly a "dressage rider" but I sure try. :)

ShowJumpLife 03-21-2009 08:56 PM

I cant for the life of me ride dressage but I do adore it.

Jubilee Rose 03-21-2009 09:08 PM

Oooohh yay a dressage forum!!!!!!! *Does happy dance*

I LOVE dressage.... its' so fun and compelling to learn. Takes lots of work but its well worth the effort.

PoptartShop 03-21-2009 09:12 PM

I am a hunter/jumper, but I do like dressage. :D I do some dressage in my lessons, it is very helpful!! :) It is also fun to watch. Last week, in my lessons we did musical dressage (just for fun)-it was so cool to see how some horses look in different music!

Iluvjunior 03-21-2009 10:06 PM

yea like i would never compete in it but my horse isnt trained in dressage

lizzie_magic 03-21-2009 10:19 PM

If you don't like dressage it's because you don't understand it.

Yes I like dressage.