The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   How's My EQ? And My Horse? (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/hows-my-eq-my-horse-246186/)

Shadow Puppet 08-01-2013 10:04 PM

How's My EQ? And My Horse?

This was from about a month ago! My horse and I were just doing some flat work! Wouldn't mind some advice for my horse either! I don't have access to a coach so I would love any sort of critique!

Thanks a lot!!

QHriderKE 08-01-2013 10:38 PM

There is no pictures showing up for me :(

Shadow Puppet 08-01-2013 10:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hope it works now!

xlionesss 08-01-2013 11:17 PM

I would bend your elbows a bit, point your thumbs up, and shoulders back a TAD....but you look great in my opinion.

azarni 08-02-2013 12:16 AM

xlionesss pretty much got it all. Just wanted to add that when bending your elbow, you want a straight line from elbow to bit. Shoulders back for sure, and rotate your pelvis a bit - you want to be sitting on your seat, not your pubic bone. Also, if you just add a bit of leg you'll have a horse who moves REALLY nicely, but right now your horse isn't stepping under itself to its full potential. This tells me you're not using your leg effectively or enough, and I'm guessing that it's not enough considering that you have an excellent leg! :) Hope this helps.

xlionesss 08-02-2013 12:58 AM

Oh I'm so proud of myself! I haven't have formal lessons in 6 years LOL

Shadow Puppet 08-02-2013 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by azarni (Post 3232962)
xlionesss got it all. Just wanted to add that when bending your elbow, you want a straight line from elbow to bit. Shoulders back for sure, and rotate your pelvis a bit - you want to be sitting on your seat, not your pubic bone. Also, if you just add a bit of leg you'll have a horse who moves REALLY nicely, but right now your horse isn't stepping under itself to its full potential. This tells me you're not using your leg effectively or enough, and I'm guessing that it's not enough considering that you have an excellent leg! :) Hope this helps.

Thanks so much! I have had some problems with my shoulders ever since I tore my rotator cuff this winter. The one shoulder is still stiff and the other one tagged in on the bad habit. Really gotta work on that!! Thanks again for your time! I really appreciate it!
Posted via Mobile Device

Skyseternalangel 08-02-2013 01:12 AM

I'd roll your hips underneath you more so your butt isn't jutting out. Your hands are literally a hair too low (I'm being picky) And relax your chest/shoulders. You seem a little tense.

But looking lovely :)

tinyliny 08-02-2013 01:26 AM

Looks good, but you can bring your hands up.
Is that photo photoshopped? like your horse has a halo around his body.

Samstead 08-02-2013 01:40 AM

shoulders back, try lifting them up, then back and dropping them, that's a good place for your shoulders. Relax pretend like you're made of jelly if you fall that tense you're more likely to get injured. Bend elbows, trust me steering way easier when your arms aren't stiff.