The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Tack and Equipment Classifieds (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/)
-   -   Free to Good Home (http://www.horseforum.com/tack-equipment-classifieds/free-good-home-2463/)

equestrianelle09 07-04-2007 11:40 PM

Free to Good Home

Hey All, a friend of mine has just moved to Massacheusts and can not take care of her horse which she left here(Cincinnati Ohio). She is looking for a good home for him. His name is Maggie, he is a Standardbred gelding in his early 20s. He is very calm and gentle, but needs advandced rider before putting kids on(hasn't been ridden in awhile may need a slight tune up). He is a really sweet horse, with no big medical issues. He may have a little arthritis but other than that he is good to go. Awesome horse. Reply if intreasted. Thanks

TrailRid3r 07-09-2007 12:35 AM

Hey, i saw that you were from cincy and you friend had to leave her horse behind, it is sad to see someone have to leave her horse behind. I will have to talk to my parents about it but i may be able to take him off of your hands cna you send me a few pics via email or PM( it would be my birthday presnt considering my mom would help me, she had like three of them for 10+ years.)

Thnx...

equestrianelle09 07-09-2007 01:07 AM

That would be great, I will try to get pics. He is a great horse, she just couldn't take him with her. Her mom is feeding him but she has to find a home for him soon

TrailRid3r 07-09-2007 01:33 AM

Ahh ok that would be great, my parents would propably let me get one and board it but they dont want to spend to much on just one i will trail ride with. So i thought this would be a good oportunity, a horse that has already been around people and is used to being rode ( or however you say it). Where is he stabled at?

equestrianelle09 07-09-2007 01:33 PM

He hasn't been ridden in awhile, but he is used to people. He is borded at Bitersweet stables in on Old colerain.

TrailRid3r 07-09-2007 01:43 PM

I tried to look up the stable but couldnt find it, ( propably just my stupidity). But i would love to take him off of you hands will tell parents about it tonight. How does he do around other horses( May have to stay at river downs for a week or 2). Is there anything special you feed him or do for him.

Thnx...

equestrianelle09 07-10-2007 01:40 PM

No he is pretty normal, he is fine around other horses. He is such a sweety pie. The barn is Bittersweet and its on Old Colerain, you may want to try just Colerain if you are looking it up