The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   Horse Riding Critique (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/)
-   -   Best Jumper Sire (http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/best-jumper-sire-24681/)

AKPaintLover 03-21-2009 03:10 AM

Best Jumper Sire

When looking for a jumper, who is the best sire out there to produce jumpers.

If the sire you are thinking of is not on the list, please let me know who you are thinking of.

Oh, and I had to put the Pinto sires on there because of my color preference. :D:D

eventerdrew 03-21-2009 10:25 AM

I said other. I love Sir Sinclair. He is a multi-talented sire. Producing great offspring for several disciplines (dressage,eventing,jumpers)

I also love Consul. Pretty much the same goes for him

And Judgement ISF. I love seeing his babies go in the jumper ring. and he's very talented himself

All are owned by Iron Spring Farm

Not very impressed with Fuerst Gotthard babies honestly

Spyder 03-21-2009 01:10 PM

Ironman

Dressage10135 03-21-2009 01:36 PM

could you guys maybe post pictures of these stallions just so I can see what they look like? :oops:

Spyder 03-21-2009 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dressage10135 (Post 274452)
could you guys maybe post pictures of these stallions just so I can see what they look like? :oops:

Breed yourself a champion

http://www.ironmanonline.com/images/...digree_158.jpg

Dressage10135 03-21-2009 01:49 PM

Oh wow, he is gorgeous

JustDressageIt 03-21-2009 04:03 PM

I bred my mare to Fuerst Gotthard, but she didn't take. I absolutely love him. Wish I could have re-bred, but my trainer backed out of the deal with the mare I was leasing. (Grrr)
I love Landkonig as well, his jump is superb.

AKPaintLover 03-22-2009 07:44 PM

JDI, why do you think the mare didn't take with Fuerst Gotthard? Is his frozen low motility? He appears to only be offered frozen?

I really like Consul, Judgement ISF, Fuerst Gotthard, Ironman, and Landkonig. Of all the horses, I keep looking at those guys...

I really like Landkonig, and agree that he has a great jump (more relaxed through the course than Fuerst Gotthard too... but I am having a hard time figuring out if he has many successful hunters and jumpers by him.

What I am actually having a hard time figuring out is of all of the above sires, which one has the best track record for actually producing successful hunters and jumpers? I know Consul has Judgement ISF, but one could just be lucky...are there more? (I am not necessarily talking Olympic caliber).

It looks like Judgement ISF and Fuerst Gotthard only do frozen...not sure about iron man. I know my vet can do fresh...I think I remember her saying she did not have the equipment to do frozen (I have a call into her to be sure).

The more I look, the more I seem to confuse myself. :shock::D

JustDressageIt 03-22-2009 11:15 PM

It was low motility. I believe I had cooled semen, this was a few years ago. They may only be offering frozen now due to FG's age.
My vet also suspects that one "servicing" from the stallion was split up to AI 5 mares. The mechanics of Dancer's breeding couldn't have gone better, but with the low motile sperm, she didn't take.

If you can, I highly recommend getting the International Stallion Guide - I will see if I can find the website. I have a few years' editions of their books and DVDs - very helpful

AKPaintLover 03-22-2009 11:48 PM

JDI,
I would love if you could find the website for me so that I can order the book..that would be great to look at.