The Horse Forum

The Horse Forum (/)
-   English Riding (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/)
-   -   posting? (http://www.horseforum.com/english-riding/posting-24760/)

LacyLove 03-22-2009 06:07 PM

posting?

i always thought when you were posting, that you were supposed to rise when the inside shoulder of the horse is forward. but, i heard others on the forum say you were supposed to rise when the outside shoulder is forward, which one is it?

PS: please dont gang up on me if im wrong about rising when the inside shoulder is forward =]

Spyder 03-22-2009 06:25 PM

Actually when I post I have my laptop balanced on the horse's whithers and ensure that batteries are fully charged.

Jane Honda 03-22-2009 06:37 PM

:lol: Spyder! :lol:

You are supposed to rise up as the outside shoulder rises.

Jane Honda 03-22-2009 06:40 PM

I just posted from my Blackberry, and it didn't take.

*Grrrr*

I laughed at Spyder.

I also stated that you are to rise when the outside shoulder is rising.

eventnwithwinston 03-22-2009 07:09 PM

At a trot... when the outside shoulder comes up, so should you. As it goes down, so should you.

When you canter... you know youre on the right lead when the inside leg is reaching. In trotting, you know youre on the right diagonal when the outside leg/shoulder rises.

So its like the opposite. :)

LOL Spyder. When I first saw this post I thought it was about posting on the forum not on a horse... hehe :P

PoptartShop 03-22-2009 07:41 PM

Yeah, it's the outside, not inside. ;) When the outside shoulder goes forward, you rise. It's all good, no biggie!

Spastic_Dove 03-22-2009 10:11 PM

There's some sort of rhyme I have heard trainers use to get students to remember this..
Fall with the foot on the wall or something? Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Jubilee Rose 03-22-2009 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove (Post 275215)
There's some sort of rhyme I have heard trainers use to get students to remember this..
Fall with the foot on the wall or something? Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Yes, lol... it's "rise and fall with the leg on the wall." I've always remembered it because of that saying. It's always the horses outside leg. :wink:

LacyLove 03-22-2009 10:46 PM

oh, ok. then my old trainer was stupid, and i guess my new one just hasnt noticed that i learned it that way lol

Spastic_Dove 03-23-2009 12:54 AM

That's the one!